Scream for A Kid Again on Banshee

Guest KingsIslandPR

To Don..if we do attend the event in the evening, is re entry possible or arriving late. If I do plan on doing this, my body will need a bit of relax time.

Also I'm guessing more than Banshee will be open Media day (Bat), will this be the case in the evening?

There will not be any re-entry during the event. Everyone participating will need to be checked in and ready to head back to Banshee by 8:45 p.m. We will be closing the parking tolls at that time.

• Like 6

I think if anyone should be complaining of the long day it should be Don. Wonder how many interviews you will give on media day and then for the A Kid Again Event?

It'll be a long few days for Don I'm sure. Probably finishing last minute stuff on Wednesday, at the park at 4am on Thursday, there until what, midnight Thursday night/Friday morning, to then return Friday morning and be there most of the day? But hey, it's gotta be a wonderful feeling seeing everything come together and the park to reopen :)

• Like 8

I think this guys page needs some love.

I don't need to tell you guys how important A Kid Again is for the park, the community, and most importantly the lives of the families of kids suffering from life threatening illnesses. I have always been proud of KICentral's effort to rally behind this fantastic organization in order to help out someone you don't even know... and have a great time in the process.

As we very well know, Kings Island is giving roller coaster lovers the opportunity to be some of the first night riders on Banshee during their Scream for A Kid Again event on April 17th. Information on the actual event can be found here. I encourage all of you to post the URLs of your donations pages in this thread and request that you be generous with others as we work together for this noble cause. Just remember that $100, $20 $5 or even $1 goes a long way when it comes to helping others in need.

Link for his page.

https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/RyanSuhr/screamforakidagain

• Like 4

Who all hasn't reached $100? Im just curious. Will you put up the rest to participate?

I have not, but am $20 away and still have some people to hit up for donations! I can finish it off if I have too!

I am flying in for to make it to Media Day and this event hopefully. I just started fundraising today but hopefully I can do it within 2 weeks!! :)

https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/DanielleMaple/screamforakidagain

I have not seen you forever, would love to see you!

• Like 1

I am flying in for to make it to Media Day and this event hopefully. I just started fundraising today but hopefully I can do it within 2 weeks!! :)

https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/DanielleMaple/screamforakidagain

I have not seen you forever, would love to see you!

YES! It has been so long. I haven't been able to make it up there that much. I know I'll be at Media day and hopefully as long as I can raise enough I'll be at this as well. :)

• Like 2

I am hoping to sign up this week. If anyone wants to donate and would like to kick off my donations by paying the $25 please feel free to helpmeet reach my goal. My name is Lora Gregory if anyone wants to help start it.

To me it's not about riding earlier. This organization is truly an excellent organization to support. I strongly encourage anyone who has never been to Kings Island on a day they are hosting the A Kid Again Day to go. The people who you will meet will change your life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

I feel like its already changed me a little and I haven't even been to an event yet just raising money for this.

Side note: if anyone is having trouble meeting the $100 minimum post it here there are people willing to help on this forum.

• Like 3

Don't just raise $100 so you can attend the event

Some of us have been raising money and working our butts off since the donation page went live.

Remember this is NOT about riding the coaster. It is about raising money for the kids. Riding Banshee at night is the incentive you get for your hard work.

• Like 5

Yeah I've raised $1000 and I don't see a problem with helping get people to the $100 mark so they can attend regardless of if they started the day it went live or last night all of the money is going to the same place.

• Like 4

^^So if I throw a few hundred from my checking and savings to donate to the charity, which is the primary goal, and the fact I'll probably not even stay the whole event I'm in the wrong..

I don't see your point and it's come off slightly as somewhat rude. I'm willing to fork out a lot of my check here to give to these kids, I think that's pretty noble versus going everywhere asking for money

• Like 4