Scream for A Kid Again on Banshee

Guest KingsIslandPR

Because I do not think Ape will say it - he placed highest of all KIC at #5. He was "beat" by four children all from A Kid Again (from what I was told.)

One thing I love is there were children from A Kid Again at the event. It was wonderful talking to some of the families. It's truly amazing to see children and families facing life threatening illnesses exceedingly positive and happy.

Met a family who has a son. I cannot recall what was his illness, but last Christmas time he took a bad turn and spent time in the hospital. He was going to be sponsored to get Christmas gifts and he said no. I believe he was out of the hospital before Christmas and took up donations to buy children gifts for children in the hospital because he knows what it's like to be in the hospital.

A girl who has battled leukemia since she was three was there. One person donated their ride to her. She was so incredibly sweet.

What a wonderful organization and event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 11

My favorite moment of the night was helping a girl from one of the A Kid Again families overcome her fear and take a ride on Banshee. She loves roller coasters and desperately wanted to ride, but she was too scared to get on. She skipped riding when they called her name from the fundraiser list, then her sister rode several times trying to get her to go.

I had been talking with the family before the event started, so they stopped me at The Chicken Shack. Lucas (ohiocolts) and I explained the ride in detail, then offered to go with her and her sister to ride it. On our second time through with them, she finally rode.

She loved it of course, screaming about how great it was during the entire ride (after the drop). Then she rode again. That is one ride I certainly won't forget.

• Like 11

I'll be participating in this event again.

I doubt this event will ever be held again. The premise of the event was the first true night rides, before it opened to the public for the first time. The "first night rides" can only happen once.

Once they announce the day they host A Kid Again at the park, I want to set up a meet up. It will likely be during the week if it's like other weeks. I believe it's usually held on a Tuesday, at least the last two years were. Last year was in mid June and the previous year was July 10.

The park is beyond words when you see the families A Kid Again helps. It's like what Matthew described about how you can interact with the children and just be moved. We were talking to the girls I believe Matthew was referring to in line. The one was nervous. I sure she will remember your encouragement and has no clue the impression made on you. So many families going through things unimaginable, yet the people at the park are among the happiest you can meet. This year will be even more amazing knowing I helped with the fundraising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ended up being in 12 or 13 place and got to sit on the first train in the very back to the far right, just where I wanted to sit!

This is funny because I sat next to you on the first train then. I was in 20th place. We crossed paths and didn't even know it.

What an awesome night it was. 10 rides on Banshee, free ice cream, and met some amazing families and supporters of A Kid Again. Met some who were scared out of their minds to ride Banshee but loved every second of it. Also the ride crew that night were amazing for having been such a long day.

Thanks again to KI and all involved for doing such an amazing event. Im ready for the next new ride so we can do another event like this.

• Like 7