Scream for A Kid Again on Banshee

Guest KingsIslandPR

^^So if I throw a few hundred from my checking and savings to donate to the charity, which is the primary goal, and the fact I'll probably not even stay the whole event I'm in the wrong..

I don't see your point and it's come off slightly as somewhat rude. I'm willing to fork out a lot of my check here to give to these kids, I think that's pretty noble versus going everywhere asking for money

Is that post intended for me or the person that commented before me?

Pretty sure it's intended for the person above you. Most of the people will probably already be riding Banshee for Media day in the morning. This event is definitely all about the kids so I don't get why you feel like doing it last minute is doing it "just so you can attend the event" Some people were unable to plan, like me, since I do live in another state and can't just randomly say I'm going to Kings Island for the event. I doubt anyone is doing this "just so they can go to the event."

If anyone would like to donate to mine that would be much appreciated. :D

• Like 4

When TDE and others use carrots (Hi, Jonathan), the number thereof indicates the number of posts above it that the post replies to. This is done as mobile users using apps (harumph!) cannot quote posts as easily as we old fuddy-duddies.

The other day, the manager of an Irish bar was incredulous I have no apps on my iPhone. I was busy quietly doing what I often do, usually anonymously.

• Like 8

I am hoping to raise the minimum to be able to attend and meet these kids but if I am not able to attend it will still have been worthwhile :) if I get to go and not ride yeah not gonna lie I will be sad but it will still be a lot of fun.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

This campaign is near and dear to me for a few reasons which I will share. Obviously, it gives someone a chance to fulfill a desire or dream who is less fortunate than I. I am 14 and diagnosed with Tourtte's Syndorme and OCD. Secondly, I know what it is like to be in a similar situation due to my diagnosis of Tourette's Syndrome. Finally, I am a roller coaster enthusiast and I love to watch peoples faces light up with excitement and fun!! I beleive we are put on this earth to serve and love others and I love it when I have a chance to do this through my passions.
Donating through this website is simple, fast and totally secure. It is also the most efficient way to support my fundraising efforts.
Many thanks for your support and don't forget to forward this to anyone who you think might want to donate too! I sure would appreciate it. God Bless!!
Here is the link:http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/KyleKruthoffer/screamforakidagain3

• Like 8

My post is directed at anyone who is planning on raising "just enough" to be invited to the event, and I was not being rude about it.

The more the merrier by all means, but make sure you are doing it for the right reasons. Don't just raise the minimum so you are eligible to go.

Like I said, some of us have been working our butts off to get donations since day 1 to raise what ever we can. Now it just seems like people are joining, just so they can be invited. If that was the case, I would have just stopped when I got to $100.

If you're referring to the people on this site who are joining recently I think it might be because the recent activity in this thread. I don't see any of it as negative and I haven't seen anyone say they are striving to just reach the minimum. Most of the people who have shared their link with us have set their goal above the $100 minimum.

• Like 1

When TDE and others use carrots

I like how I'm an acronym now :P, that's a first haha, man I love having you around..

And again, if they raise 100, 10, or 10,000 dollars, it doesn't matter. The money goes to helping these kids that unfortunately have a complicated childhood, that money goes to them. So when I say I'm going to donate money to help them, it's for them. The park is allowing me to ride, great, but honestly I've raised money for groups such as this with no return at all, the fact I get a night ride, sweet, but honestly if I even didn't, I'd be fine. I do this for the kids, which is acceptable. If someone drops 100 bucks for the ride, cool, they gave 100 bucks to charity, how is that any reason to complain.

Sweet you've busted your ass to get money for those kids, but anyone can raise this money for them and it shouldn't matter what they do it for, they're giving their hard earned money to these unfortunate children

• Like 13

No need for the self righteous attitude regarding folks raising the minimum, compared to those that raised a bit more. Having 10 people raise the minimum, that is $1,000 for A Kid Again. I appreciate everyone's effort in raising $100 or more and I am sure A Kid Again appreciates this as well. I don't understand the hate towards folks that have either raised or payed their way for this event, it all goes to a good cause, and will be an amazing time. Thanks to everyone for your effort no mater how big or small.

• Like 13

109 people have raised at least the minimum so far and as a group we have raised almost 33k. It's pretty awesome, I can't wait to see how much the number jumps on these last couple of weeks.

Plus whatever the corporate sponsors have donated.

• Like 8

Some of us have been plastering it all over our FB page and talking it up with our friends with not a whole lot of takers. (It does not help that a lot of the FB friends are also trying to raise money for the same event.) Not everyone has people available to donate their money, and that has to be respected as well!

• Like 13

Just passed the $500 mark today!!! Almost to my goal and hoping I can blow by it.

What do we do if someone wants to donate through a check? I assume from what I have ready have it made out to A Kid Again, mail to the Greater Cincy office and enter the information on the online first giving site?

Am I missing anything regarding this process?

Also check out my page if you feel led to give.

https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/ScottNeff/screamforakidagain

• Like 4

What do we do if someone wants to donate through a check? I assume from what I have ready have it made out to A Kid Again, mail to the Greater Cincy office and enter the information on the online first giving site?

With Coasting for Kids event the past few years, offline donations were to be brought with you and turned in at check-in the day of the event. I imagine the procedures for this event will be similar.

• Like 2

I asked Sara at KI about offline donations a week ago via e-mail.

She said that they need the exact amount of the donation sent via e-mail in advance (before the fundraising cut-off date). The actual checks are then submitted at check-in on the date of the event. Reporting it through FirstGiving would also be a good idea, so that it shows up there.

For e-mail contact information, see the FirstGiving event page. https://www.firstgiving.com/akidagain/screamforakidagain

• Like 3

For those interested in participating in this event, time is running out to get involved. Fundraising ends April 13 at midnight. This is tax deductible and does not have to come out of your own pocket. If you can get 10 people to give you at least $10 or 20 people to give you at least $5, you're going to have a night that you will remember for a long time.

• Like 3

I had every intention to help with this fund raiser, however I can't swing the sign up fee. So seriously bummed about this. I am thrilled there are so many that are helping with this though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had every intention to help with this fund raiser, however I can't swing the sign up fee. So seriously bummed about this. I am thrilled there are so many that are helping with this though.

You can still help by donating to another KICentral member! I'm not raising funds myself, but I plan to throw some money at some members' campaigns when I get paid this week.

• Like 2

Thank you all very much for the answers. I have a few folks that want to donate but via check. Now just to wrap that up with only 10 days left. Hope to keep raising.

I was wondering about that myself. That might help me with a few people give some more money!

I understand I can do that, however it probably won't be until day of the event.

Midnight of the 13th is the last day for donations I believe. If I am wrong feel free to correct me.

• Like 1

I understand dates and things that need to be turned in by. However, the likelihood I will have money to give until the day of is slim to none at this point. Bills and things have to be paid, daughter and I like to have a place to live, food to eat, I need gas in the car, etc. single parent, single income home makes money a little tight at times. I am not complaining it's just a fact.

If I have money prior to, I will donate online. In fact, I know who I would donate to. If I have it day of, I will give it to someone attending. I am fairly certain they will not turn away extra money the day of the event. With all honesty, when I have participated In fundraisers previously, they were thrilled with extra donations the day of the event. I can also donate directly to the organization on behalf of KK and Amber if nothing else.

• Like 6