Problems

Recently I've been having issues with trying to post Youtube videos, usually I'd just paste the link and it would auto embed the video... But for some reason it doesn't always work anymore. After try after try it eventually will do it, but it gets annoying & I liked it much better when it would just auto embed the first time.

• Like 1

Recently I've been having issues with trying to post Youtube videos, usually I'd just paste the link and it would auto embed the video... But for some reason it doesn't always work anymore. After try after try it eventually will do it, but it gets annoying & I liked it much better when it would just auto embed the first time.

If any of you are having a similar issue, one of the things I noticed (I don't know if something was changed) that it auto-hyperlinks youtube links, thus I suppose disabling IP Boards auto embedding of the Youtube videos. Like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9KZ3jgbbmI

When I paste it here in the text box, it automatically turns into a hyperlink in the editor.

And an easy way to fix that is to do the following:

1. Paste link, if turns into link...

2. Click on the link.

3. Click the hyperlink breaker thing in the editor menu (just to the right of the create new hyperlink button)

4. Post

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how much of a "problem" this is, but today I noticed that the KICentral Meet-ups forum is invisible on Tapatalk on my Samsung phone, but I can see it through Tapatalk on my iPad.

That means that you've been logged out, or at least it thinks you're logged out (because that forum is not shown unless you're logged in). First, try going to the main "Browse" view and tapping the menu icon in the upper right followed by "Refresh". That usually fixes it for me. If that doesn't work, look around for an option to log in.

• Like 3

^ Even if he did, I've already named a computer Maverick.

This reminds me, I have a set of recently resurrected Gateway computers that I need to name. They are the same make and model, came from the same production run, and they sat broken for a while before finally being fixed, so I'm thinking Stella and Lola might work for their names.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Name the server Maverick and name the RAM sticks after my grand kids? Hmmmm.

As I've said before IPS 4.0 was supposed to be out at the beginning of the year, and yet we are still waiting on it. Latest I've got from them is its about to go public beta, which we may or may not participate in.

• Like 2

Ah beta's! For the most part I have had good luck when using beta versions of products. If I get the option or opportunity to be in a open or closed beta‚ (with the exception of beta GPU drivers... Those just make me nervous!) I participate in it. I like trying new stuff ahead of its release. I did get to partake in a Alpha ounce. It was about to move into beta though but I did get to be in it and I thought that was really cool! (It was Density ‚ a MMO videogame that is coming out later this year.) I am also playing a game on Steam Early Access that could very well be classified as being in alpha. It is called Theme Park Studio. The game just now allows you to build and test coasters. Only issue is the whole interface for the game is quite confusing and could use some fixing/overhaul‚ also some major optimization! On a good day with animations running ill get 24fps... If I had to guess this game would probably be out late this year at the earliest!

Somehow I got four like notifications for the same post, all from Terpy. While that could be explained by a stuttering connection or repeatedly hitting like then unlike, that can't explain this:

uGYdI.jpg

The post in question is here: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/29434-canadas-wonderland/page-2#entry640776 Clicking "1 other" brings up a popup that only lists one user: Terpy.

Sounds like a bug to me.

• Like 5

• Dane locked this topic