Problems

It seems to have sped up a bit for me. I don't know about you guys but it was taking about 45 seconds to load a page but now it is down to 25. (note that I have bad internet connection where I am right now)

EDIT: The slowness has stopped for me. Now down to less than 5 seconds with full bars of Wi-Fi.

• Like 3

EDIT: Did some back work, it was a fault on my end. The connection timed out, therefore making the browser stop. I pressed not to remember me, causing it to be technically a new browser status.

All is good with the new phone.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Beats me as to what's going on. I'd consider that it could be an internet connection problem, except that as you typically say when reporting that issue, it was only on KIC, not on any other site. We need someone that speaks the language of the server here (a server whisperer?).

Database queries are often the performance bottleneck on forum websites. IPB uses MySQL, so those logs may have insight into the situation. Another possibility is that a reverse proxy server (iirc, this site uses Nginx) is not interacting well with the web front-end(s).

For what it's worth, this site has loaded reasonably well every time I have accessed it recently.

If you send Dane a private message with the date and time of the issue when it happens, he might be able to look into it.

• Like 2

I just noticed that when I posted and tried to quote someone the 'quote button' right under the 'like this' button did not work.... It sent me down to begin typing my message like it worked but did not quote at all... Did I do it wrong? I'm pretty sure I did this before and it worked.

I just noticed that when I posted and tried to quote someone the 'quote button' right under the 'like this' button did not work.... It sent me down to begin typing my message like it worked but did not quote at all... Did I do it wrong? I'm pretty sure I did this before and it worked.

Did you recently "upgrade" to Internet Exploder 11? IE 11 has a known bug that prevents the quote feature from working properly. The workaround is to use a real browser like Firefox or Chrome.

• Dane locked this topic