Problems

Fixed that... Sorry about that. Finding myself say that more often than not...

I also didn't mean no disrespect to Dane or anything by that. Just meant it was a setback and thats all. Not that I appointed it towards Dane or anything. I applaud him and all other Mods/Admin on the site as well!

Hopefully the site is set for smooth sailing again and no more massive slow downs or even crashing.

• Like 1

This isn't the first time something like this has happened. It's rare, but it happens. I actually uploaded dozens of photos and wrote a whole nice article about Beastbuzz on year and the whole site crashed and I had to start over. This was probably back in 2005 or so.

• Like 5

One small forum that I used to post on years ago had a server crash and lost the database. When they tried to load the backup, they found out that all available backups were severely corrupted and unrepairable, and because of limited storage space, all of the older, non-corrupted backups had been deleted/overwritten. The result was that every single post and every single user account, almost three years' worth, was permanently lost; nothing was available on Google or the Internet Archive because of restrictions they had in their robots.txt file. They had to completely start over from scratch. Traffic was significantly lower afterward, and they never recovered to the level of activity that they had had before the crash before I stopped posting there. I'd be surprised if they still exist.

Moral of the story: backup scripts are not "set it and forget it". The backups need to be regularly checked for errors.

• Like 4

I have them set up to backup to my personal home server every week. Pay a third party site to back up nightly onto my second server and the host does a backup every 3 or 4 days. I'd say we have a pretty good backup plan.

• Like 10

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It also works for me in Firefox on Linux, correctly wrapping lines at the end of the last word that fits entirely on that line.

On Windows 8.1, I get one of two issues, depending on the browser. In Firefox, word wrap is completely broken and does not work at all. In Chrome and Internet Explorer, word wrap works, but it does not work properly, in that it wraps wherever the text hits the right margin even if that is in the middle of a word. In none of those three browsers does clearing the cache have any effect.

The skin (IP.Board/KICentral) does not appear to be a factor, as the bug persists in Firefox after switching from IP.Board to KICentral.

Does text wrap here: http://ckeditor.com/demo ?

Same issues there when I switch it to source mode.

Additionally, upon updating Firefox from 35.0.1 to 36.0 on the Linux computer (which I did on the Windows machine yesterday), the bug of not wrapping at all has popped up there as well, both here on KIC and on that editor.

So that part seems to be a Firefox 36 bug, yet somehow it works for you. I can give it a try on a Windows 7 computer later tonight after my dad goes to bed.

^ I actually do see the problem in source mode; I normally keep the editor on this site in its default mode. Considering that it's affecting multiple browsers, it's probably a CKeditor bug exposed by the browser updates.

This certainly isn't the first time that FCKeditor/CKeditor has been slow to become compatible with new browser releases.

• Like 3

The sidebar on the main page of the forum? Hover near the top right corner of the box that says "Kings Island Discussion" and you'll see a "<<" button. Click that to open the sidebar. It shows then disappears because the forum doesn't know to hide it until after it's loaded.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know why I can't view the live webcams for Fury 324 and i305? It has been a few days now.

Edit: It is working now. lol. Sorry for the post.

Fury 404?

I'm sorry, but that coaster cannot be found!

(I'm sorry, but when you make a post like that, I have to use computer style lingo!)

Overall lately I have experienced no lag nor troubles on site!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Dane locked this topic