Problems

I just wanted to drop a memo that we are getting ready to migrate to the new version of IPB so the forums may be taken offline off and on so I can prep and clean up the database before the conversion.

• Like 6

Cool. Do you know by any chance whether this new version will fix the issue with the plain text editor not wrapping long lines properly that was discussed on the previous page?

And I don't think this gets said often enough around here: Thank you for all you do to keep this site running, Dane. I really don't know what we'd do without you. :)

• Like 2

The conversion to modern mySQL and compression has been done(took 3 hours). Please let me know if you find any issues thus far.

What took the most time you may ask? The "like" system.

I also set up login with Facebook and share directly to Facebook.

• Like 8

When going to my profile and down to Likes, I can now like my own posts... Also what do the stars do? Way of rating how good the user is?

Also noticed I can like them by going the post itself and like it.

WHOOOO!!! Now there is reputation and not likes! 

And back to likes lol... But I can no longer like my posts on my profile and on the forums! 

Edited by Sonofbeast2.0

When going to my profile and down to Likes, I can now like my own posts... Also what do the stars do? Way of rating how good the user is?

Also noticed I can like them by going the post itself and like it.

Thanks, I turned off the ability to like your own post(I think its silly Facebook still allows this). And the User rating system is just that, how many stars people rate you on average. I think its also silly but it really isn't hurting anything.

• Like 3

I really like the new look of things, but I must ask; what is a warning post?

Where do you see this?

Also you haven't seen anything yet!

Sorry for the double post, in a rush here.

• Like 4

Dane: He's talking about this:

6swJG.jpg

It also shows next to each of my posts, like this:

f2TbH.jpg

I can only see that on my own posts and profile page, not on those of other users. And I'm guessing that they don't show up for admins.

• Like 6

I'm pushing hard for a Mack coaster instillation, they are just as reliable And have great capacity depending on the model as B&M. As a plus note they are cheaper in general and don't have a shuffling to them. With a recent addition at Knotts it' has a more likelyhood chance to be built at a Cedar Fair park than my beloved Intamin.

Also, can we limit the length of the "interests" portion of a profile shown on forums, or stop showing those? The longer ones create a chunk of blank space beneath the post that can be excessive to scroll through.

Agreed, and disabled.

Also disabled the warning system, we don't need that,

• Like 6

I just noticed that quoting a post now strips out all nested quotes. Can this behavior be fixed? Sometimes the nested quotes are necessary to provide sufficient context to your reply. If there has to be a limit on nesting, IMHO it should be at least three, preferably five.

• Like 2

Any of the new stuff the popped up was a default setting to have it on. We don't need half of it because we are a extremely well self-moderated community.

Test

I was wondering about that as well.  Was it a default setting in the upgrade (like the warning points), the only option, or an intentional change?

Test

Is there any reason to not set it to once again allow nested quotes?

Is this what your talking about? It is working for me.

Test

Test

Nope.  Nested quotes is referring to quotes within quotes, not multi-quotes.  My quotes don't show up when I quote you.  Like this, but automatically when quoting your post:

Any of the new stuff the popped up was a default setting to have it on. We don't need half of it because we are a extremely well self-moderated community.

Test

I was wondering about that as well.  Was it a default setting in the upgrade (like the warning points), the only option, or an intentional change?

Test

• Like 1

Test

Test

Nope.  Nested quotes is referring to quotes within quotes, not multi-quotes.  My quotes don't show up when I quote you.  Like this, but automatically when quoting your post:

Test

Test

Now I understand, and fixed. Thanks for letting me know.

• Like 4

I will also let everyone know the forums are fully ready to be converted to the new version of the forums. We are just waiting on Tapatalk to release a update compatible with with the new version to do so. Alot of you (myself included) use Tapatalk while at the park and I don't want to break/suspend that while we wait on a new version from Tapatalk.

• Like 7

I'm not sure if I should make a new topic for this or post it here... It's not exactly a site problem.

I can't remember my account's password. I'm logged into my work computer continuously cause this is where I made the account, but I need to figure out the password so I can log into my home computer. If I log out, is there a forgot password function? I don't want to risk losing my account.

• Dane locked this topic