Problems

I have been having an issue lately where sometimes I will create a post and the font size will inexplicably change partway through the post. I am not in BBCode mode. It is the WYSIWYG editor that gives me this issue. It is also intermittent and I can't figure out how to reliably replicate the issue. It only occurs in the full site. I have not ever encountered the issue when using Tapatalk or the mobile site. I typically edit the post afterward to correct the font size. I can leave one alone next time it happens so I can demonstrate the issue.

Also, the font size all appears the same in the editor. It is only AFTER posting that the text will sometimes randomly change size.

^ I've never heard of that particular issue with CKEditor. Are you sure it's not happening when pasting or quoting text of a different size?

Assuming that's not it... have you tried clearing the browser cache? An outdated JavaScript file could be causing something weird to happen.

When catching up on missed posts since I've last been on, I have noticed that upon exiting the second to last thread with unread posts, that thread and the last thread containing unread posts are marked as having been read. Anybody else notice this problem?

I have been having an issue lately where sometimes I will create a post and the font size will inexplicably change partway through the post. I am not in BBCode mode. It is the WYSIWYG editor that gives me this issue. It is also intermittent and I can't figure out how to reliably replicate the issue. It only occurs in the full site. I have not ever encountered the issue when using Tapatalk or the mobile site. I typically edit the post afterward to correct the font size. I can leave one alone next time it happens so I can demonstrate the issue.

Also, the font size all appears the same in the editor. It is only AFTER posting that the text will sometimes randomly change size.

I have managed to create the issue again. No copying or pasting was done in the post. Perhaps if I link to the post in question, we can figure out the issue? Normally I fix the font size with an edit, but this time I let it be so I can demonstrate the issue.

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/28955-what-live-shows-can-we-expect-in-the-2014-season/?p=598642

What browser & device did you type that post on? Did you switch back and forth between WYSIWYG and source editing? Did you restore previously saved content or quote someone's post at any point while editing?

I'm using Chrome 33.0.1750.146 on Windows 7. I never quoted anything, but I cut and pasted text within the post itself to change the ordering of my paragraph. All from the WYSIWYG editor. Going back and looking at the bbcode, it looks like a

[size=4]

tag crept its way into the code somehow. So actually, I suppose I was probably unclear about copying and pasting. No copying from OUTSIDE the post happened, but I did cut from WITHIN the post. It's a really minor thing, so I don't feel like Dane or anyone else need to spend a whole lot of time on it, as I can just correct the posts when I see the issue occurring. I typically try to paste into notepad and copy from there to strip the text of any formatting when I need to copy/paste plain text.

^ The BB Code is generated automatically based on the HTML from CKEditor. Span tags (with a style attribute) are somehow getting into the rich edit field's HTML.

Cutting and pasting, even from your own post, could cause this to happen. If the clipboard text gets wrapped in a tag with a specified font size, you'll end up with the corresponding BB Code.

For what it's worth, I use Firefox on Linux and Android 99% of the time, and I've never had this happen to me. I haven't tested this across browsers and operating systems.

• Like 1

I always use Chrome, but my posts are split about 50/50 between Windows and Ubuntu. I'll be on the lookout and see if by some strange chance it is affected by Operating System. I'd bet money it's a browser-related bug and OS won't matter, but you never know.

• Like 1

^ It's probably either a Chromium bug or a CKEditor bug specific to Chrome. You could try to track it down and file it. Or you could use Firefox to post, since it apparently works.

Adobe Flash in Firefox on Linux generally isn't a positive experience, though, thanks mainly to Adobe. Netflix (Silverlight) works great, though, thanks to the Pipelight project.

^ It's probably either a Chromium bug or a CKEditor bug specific to Chrome. You could try to track it down and file it. Or you could use Firefox to post, since it apparently works.

Adobe Flash in Firefox on Linux generally isn't a positive experience, though, thanks mainly to Adobe. Netflix (Silverlight) works great, though, thanks to the Pipelight project.

You say this as if Flash is a positive experience ever, on any platform.

Though having been an Ubuntu user since Hardy Heron, I know the pain of Flash in Linux. Chrome solves many of the issues with Flash in Linux, but introduces a whole slew of others. But I digress. This probably isn't really the place for me to discuss such things.

• Like 2

The easiest way to get around this is to either click the "Paste as Plain Text" button (the middle "clipboard" icon), or set the WYSIWYG editor to always paste as plain text by default (click the button at the far right of the top row, check "Paste as plain text by default" and click "OK").

That will prevent any HTML formatting from the source from messing you your post.

• Like 2

The easiest way to get around this is to either click the "Paste as Plain Text" button (the middle "clipboard" icon), or set the WYSIWYG editor to always paste as plain text by default (click the button at the far right of the top row, check "Paste as plain text by default" and click "OK").

That will prevent any HTML formatting from the source from messing you your post.

THAT'S AN OPTION?!

You, sir, are a genius. I'd give you a cookie, but your browser is probably doing that for me.

• Like 6

Well, IE is not allowing me to quote, fun it is.

(DISCLAIMER: BB1 is not named, or intentionally named after BB Coding, nor shall the name be correlated with BB Coding, but with Boomerang Bay.)

(DISCLAIMER: BB1 is not named, or intentionally named after BB Coding, nor shall the name be correlated with BB Coding, but with Boomerang Bay.)

I'm assuming IE 11? IE 11 is known to cause the same problem on forums using XenForo. I believe the workaround is to right-click the quote button and open it in a new tab.

• Like 1

I'm assuming IE 11? IE 11 is known to cause the same problem on forums using XenForo. I believe the workaround is to right-click the quote button and open it in a new tab.

More than likely so, I was using a new laptop and I believe it was IE11, now I'm back on my Chrome browser on my usual laptop.

I'm using Tapatalk (we don't have internet right now) and when I go into the "Participated" section, some threads I can't view since I "don't have permission to view this thread." I was trying to check up on Media Day, but can't due to that issue. Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, do you know how to fix it? And even if you haven't experienced it, any tips on how to remedy this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

• Dane locked this topic