Problems

It probably means that the admins have "deleted" the thread. Threads like that still show up under "Participated" in my Tapatalk. I believe when a thread is "deleted" here, the mods/admins actually move it to a special section of the forums visible only to them, so that they can refer to it in the future if needed. Such is the case with the original Media Day thread, which was "deleted" when the RSVP deadline passed to "prevent confusion" or something like that (which doesn't make sense to me since there was other useful discussion in that thread, but whatever).

• Like 1

^ Those threads have been deleted, causing the error.

It was previously stated that the Media Day thread was deleted to avoid confusion after the RSVP deadline elapsed.

EDIT: Or what Jonathan said in a few more words, a few seconds earlier.

• Like 2

My employer takes care of such problems--by using IE 9! Actually, we only recently upgraded to that!

Oh the joys of our employers technology...you'd think they'd be a step ahead of the game! From a techie standpoint, it makes for a lot of confusion for the end users. Job security for me, I s'pose.
  • Like 1

My employer takes care of such problems--by using IE 9! Actually, we only recently upgraded to that!

Oh the joys of our employers technology...you'd think they'd be a step ahead of the game! From a techie standpoint, it makes for a lot of confusion for the end users. Job security for me, I s'pose.

It is sad to see how far behind technologically some employers are. I work at the IT department of my school, and it's amazing how much more up to date our little campus in the middle of nowhere is than many corporations. We actually have just finished phasing out Windows XP completely, with time to spare before Microsoft's support cutoff. We are now a strictly Windows 7 and 8 campus, and EVERY computer has the newest versions of IE, Chrome, and Firefox, at all times. And we get this done on a very modest budget.

• Like 5

Yup..Hopefully that didn't happen to you..Have had a few SSgt's I know personally that had to go in because of their troop doing that..

They wonder why I don't want to become an NCO at times..last thing I need is getting chewed and paperwork because a troop did something like this..scares the crap out of me to think in a few years I'll have the same responsibility.

We have stickers over them, and the rule has been there since I think 2009 ish..but people still don't listen from time to time.

Are they colourful stickers of happiness pie? Or are they bland white soulless stickers of pure sorrow?

I'm kind of excited for this forthcoming update! Just hope it don't get rid of any features and or adds new ones! Be kind of nice to see if the overall look of the forums get an upgrade. (before anyone starts their pitchforks and torches, I like the way the site looks, just I like change for the most part as long as it doesn't undo anything, unless it's undoing something bad.)

I have suffered from a rather weird issue... yesterday I got a notification that someone wanted me to add them, as a friend so I did so, but after that I seen that I had 5 or 6 other people that wanted me to add them as friends as well. The issue is for the other 5 to 6 people/members, I never received a notification. Would be worth noting that I haven't changed any settings in the notification department in like the past month maybe two, and I had friend request that were a month or newer.

Hope this makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having two small issues lately and it is starting to bug me. They occur sometimes but I always have no idea when.

When I read topics that I have not marked as read in the New Content page, there have been times when from a topic I go back to the page, only to find there were a few unread topics not on the page anymore as if I had already read them, in which I did not.

The other one is when I click "Mark As Read" on a topic preview and instead of marking it as read, it takes me to the first unread post. Don't get me wrong, the "Mark As Read", when I click it, marks the topic as read 99.8% of the time, but I never know when I click it and it takes me to the topic instead. So unpredictable! :P

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

When I go and look at who liked my posts on my profile, then I click on the thread, it links me to the first page of the thread. If I go to "Posts" on my profile and click on the same post, it links me straight to my post, on that thread.

Note: This is at least true for the latest version of Chrome. (on my computer anyways)

I am using Internet Explorer, but I am not sure what version because I know nothing about computers. :)

I used to love Google Chrome, but it started making my laptop crash every time I even opened it. I had to uninstall it.

I had that same thing happen to me! I dont know what it was. Good thing im not alone :P

That happened to me as well.

• Dane locked this topic