Problems

hmmm...

Either A. That's not good!

or B. It could be a false positive... Which is quite possible.

I find it really unlikely of it be A, I haven't had that issue, and I have been using Chrome and Avast antivirus web protection in tandem. My question is though, why your computer?

Update: Fixed! :)

Its because someone posted a photo linked to memegenerator nothing in actual KIC. If you link me to the thread you found it in I'll edit the post out.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Couple small things I'm noticing now/past few days

1. Site running tad slow/things not fully loading. Dunno if anything on KIC's end, I'd expect it more of an issue on my end being on the .mil side of things, but just curious

2. Several threads I've read/participated in/etc. is not going to first unread post, etc. Like a few threads pushed me back to the beginning or a random page somewhere in it. I had even replied later in the thread.

3. Going through photo gallery today, lots of timeouts/errors. Again could be connection on my end, just, unsure figured I'd bring it up.

I received the Malware warning while opening the Kings Island 2014 Discussion thread minutes ago. I don't know if it is the same problem, but I didn't advance to the topic just to be safe.

Edited out that embedded image from memegenerator too.

• Like 2

^ In general, it's good to avoid linking to or embedding anything from sites that host malware. Some sites unknowingly host malicious software for malicious advertisers, arising from incompetent security practices.

To see information on Google's flagging of that site as malicious, see http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?client=Firefox&hl=en-US&site=http://memegenerator.net/

• Like 2

So you mean to say that my source for all things meme is getting malware? I never have gotten such a code nor have I experienced this yet, and I use multiple computers and this one never went onto Memegen, still no malware threat on GC.

Based on the report, it looks like people are linking to malicious sites on memegenerator (probably in comments or similar). The report itself specifically says the site doesn't host malware. In the future it would probably be best to save the meme to your computer then upload it to a photo hosting site.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, that's an option you choose when you log in. Try logging out and then logging back in, making sure not to check the "browse anonymously" box (I don't recall exactly what text is next to it, and I don't feel like logging out to find out).

I'm trying to catch back up on things after around two or three weeks of being absent. (I've worked open to close for 14 consecutive days.) When I open a topic it no longer takes me to my last read post in that topic. It either takes me to the very first post, or a post from last year.

Is there a way I can fix this? Otherwise, I'm not going to be able to catch up.

By the way... Hey everyone!

• Like 4

• Dane locked this topic