Rocky Mountain Construction vs. Roller Coaster Corporation of America

I was wondering, does anyone think Cedar Fair would ever consider a wooden looping coaster (Outlaw Run) at one of the parks?

I had no problem with Son of Beast, but I understand there were maintenance issues as was a lawsuit concerning the ride itself.

With the advancement in technology and a few looping coasters that seem to be OK. I have not had the chance to ride a coaster like Outlaw Run or Hades 360. That being said, I cannot have a real opinion yet. (I know that the Gravity Group worked on Hades)

Maybe only time will tell, if this new ride idea will really work and remain safe. Son of Beast had a vertical loop, and the other two looping coasters seem to have a more of a heartline roll. Will this be a major "game changer" for the future of looping wooden coasters?

I would love your guys opinion.

It would not hurt my feelings, if KI or Cedar Point considered a looping (RMC) wooden coaster in the near future.

Neither park is going to get a looping coaster in the near future. SoB was just demolished a year ago.

Now, Carowinds or KD? Maybe, those are far enough away where people probably wouldn't think of SoB. I still doubt it, because CF seems to only get their wooden coasters from GCI.

KD is the sister park, word gets around my slithering friend, I know far too well the many people who frequent from KD. I would like to see a RMC come to KI, sure it is an excellent coaster manufacturer, which I believe that they could get a great one in the back reaches of the park.

I'd just be happy in general if the park got a new wooden coaster in the future. Something that's just pure fun that makes you want to get off and run back in line and ride it again. I feel like the park is really missing something now without SoB, and that is one less wooden coaster in the park.

• Like 1

RCCA did not build Son of Beast and Paramount Parks did not build the coaster RCCA designed for Kings Island...

Who built SOB do you say? I just read it on Roller Coaster Data Base

There is a difference between a company "building" a ride and a company "designing" the ride...

If I'm not mistaken, RCCA designed Son of Beast and was originally supposed to be the one to physically construct it, but Paramount promptly fired them after design. Paramount then took the job upon themselves to "build" it but did not follow through with many of the features of RCCA's design during construction (and other corners were cut as well).

Did I get it right Terpy? :)

• Like 3

You did, except it was an RCCA affiliate, Roller Coaster Company of Ohio, that began construction of the ride before being discharged.

Wow!! I am confused. So, RCCA designed, KI fired them and built it "in house", cut corners, and did NOT follow all ride designs as recommended by RCCA?

Did I get that right?

If so, why? Why sink a ton of money into something to just cut corners? BAD MOVE KI

KI definitely would benefit from one of these new wooden coasters. It would make for a very solid line up of coasters. I would love to see them build the longest wooden coaster again to keep the record local.

It didn't, just saying that KI should make sure the record stays in house.

Kings Island already has one of the greatest wooden roller coasters in the world with The Beast, and the longest wooden roller in the world is also The Beast.

The Beast is celebrating its 35th anniversary season in 2014 and no other wooden roller coaster has beat it out yet for the spot of worlds longest wooden coaster.

Kings Island has made sure that the record stayed in the park.......For 34 years and counting.

• Like 4

KI definitely would benefit from one of these new wooden coasters. It would make for a very solid line up of coasters. I would love to see them build the longest wooden coaster again to keep the record local.

It didn't, just saying that KI should make sure the record stays in house.

Kings Island already has one of the greatest wooden roller coasters in the world with The Beast, and the longest wooden roller in the world is also The Beast.

The Beast is celebrating its 35th anniversary season in 2014 and no other wooden roller coaster has beat it out yet for the spot of worlds longest wooden coaster.

Kings Island has made sure that the record stayed in the park.......For 34 years and counting.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with The Beast, it happens to be my favorite coaster of all time. All I was saying is that in the distant future KI should keep the record by have Rocky Mtn. Construction build another great wooden coaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk