Need Coney Island Video! Help!

chrisbaird

I teach a high school elective course on Cincinnati History at Harrison HS.  I do a fun unit on parks and recreation in Cincinnati that includes a section about Coney Island.  Last year, I found a wonderful hour long documentary on Coney Island. I have dug and dug looking for that video and I cannot find anything.

It is NOT the Cincinnati Reflections with Nick Clooney.  This video was much better than that one.  If anyone has any info on where I can find it online or where it can be purchased etc...    

Thanks

Here is a video from International Theme Park Services (its fourteen minutes long):

And here is a video that Coney posted with historical footage from 1937-1956:

And then there is this video (which is an hour and a half long) detailing the history of how Coney grew into Kings Island. It includes footage from Coney, and interviews from Gary Wachs, whose family owned Coney Island.

I hope that helps. There used to be another video I think on Coney, but can`t seem to find it right now. Let me know if you have any questions about Coney Island. I have worked there for twelve years.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think the video you are looking for is Greetings From Coney Island , it has since been pulled from youtube but thankfully I downloaded it and can put it back on youtube if you would like.

You can still purchase it at the Administration Building. I bought one for a Christmas present for my brother.

Steve

• Like 1

I think the video you are looking for is Greetings From Coney Island , it has since been pulled from youtube but thankfully I downloaded it and can put it back on youtube if you would like.

By the way, has anyone ever found Coney Island: Relive the Magic?

It is a documentary filmed in the 80's by WCET.

Several members have been looking for it for about a decade now with no luck.

If someone has a copy, maybe upload it to YouTube?

Thanks,

pilotank

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Planned on showing the Greetings from Coney Island to my students today as part of a unit on Parks and Recreation in Cincinnati.  Came in this AM and Greetings from Coney Island was nowhere to be seen....    I am going to call Coney Administration Building and see about ordering a copy of the DVD.   

In the meantime..if anyone has downloaded a copy of the video and can figure out how I can get to a copy to watch it. Here is my email.  Thanks

• Like 1