Interview with Don: 2014 Improvements and Additions

TombRaiderFTW

Good points. Maybe with the process being done in house, the costs will be lower and the end result might be a better show.

That's the thing... I'm not certain if it will be done in-house or not. I really have no idea. For all I know, they're hiring the whole thing out, or bringing in the circus or something. :)

Alonzo was the only show I watched this year. I'm bored with shows where all they do is sing six songs, poorly at that, and then it's done. Just walking through the area while British Invasion was going on was awful.

I wonder if they could fit a stunt show in the theater. Even the cheaply done one at Six Flags America was enjoyable.

• Like 9

Shows that are actually shows would be great. Also, never a fan of "British Invasion" of the "German" themed Festhaas.

Was not a fan of the Alonzo show at all (for much of the reasons listed previously)... BUT, it was a show- I'll give it that.

The shows of a number of years ago were much more creative and had content... not just musical reviews, which really aren't shows.

• Like 6

Shows that are actually shows would be great. Also, never a fan of "British Invasion" of the "German" themed Festhaas.

Was not a fan of the Alonzo show at all (for much of the reasons listed previously)... BUT, it was a show- I'll give it that.

The shows of a number of years ago were much more creative and had content... not just musical reviews, which really aren't shows.

As a good friend said "It's all European to me!", I want my German in my Festhaus, like the Biergarten in EPCOT.

• Like 1

Snoopy's Starlight is gone? I hope they use the lights around the park, that's a buttload of lights.

Yes, led lights, many people I know dislike those led lights. Sadly I don't even know where they will go, I hope they don't just sell them or store them, which if I remember KI did sell some Christmas stuff on a last day, I forget the year(I'm not sure if that was a dream or not).

You can love or hate British Invasion, but let's be honest - the Festhaus is German in name only at this point...
  • Like 9

We need turn no further than Muse to summarize the Starlight Sucktacular.

Starlight, I will be chasing the starlight

Until the end of my life

I don't know if it's worth it anymore.

My musings of Muse have made me that much more upset that Ed is leaving. My annual trip to Milwaukee this summer may require a detour to make a pilgrimage to Shakopee. Besides, that Wild Thing, she makes my heart sing!

• Like 3

The Toy Factory Musical during WinterFest in 2005 proves KI can do a first class show. The question is will it be a cheesy broadway review, that is honestly no different than the current musical review shows they do now or will they pull the stops out and do some original like Dollywood continually does. Something along the lines of Sha-Kon-O-Hey is what KI needs. That is my humble opinion, but still the greatest park show ever.

• Like 4

I wouldn't get my hopes up. See the video in my 7 December post. Or see the Cedar Point attempt at a Broadway type show last summer (sadly, I did).

I want to Believe.

I really do...but Dollywood, Fiesta Texas or even SeaWorld quality level shows Cedar Fair has shown no evidence so far of supporting.

It's a new day. We can hope.

• Like 3

Or see the Cedar Point attempt at a Broadway type show last summer (sadly, I did).

I'll go the other way. I thought the On Broadway show at Cedar Point last year was one of the best shows I've seen at any park. The cast they assembled there was amazingly competent and sang really well, both solo and together. The production - aside from a few minor missteps - was absolutely fabulous IMO. It was the best half hour I spent at Cedar Point this year, and I would LOVE to see a production like that at Kings Island.

• Like 3

Not that I am complaining at all about there being more KI related merch in On Location (at least presuming so with Banshee and The Bat and from reading some of the posts on here...) but as a fan of Fox Racing gear and having bought some really unique Fox Racing items at the park ( a fleece jacket for instance, that I have never seen anywhere else ) I hope they still continue to sell some non-park related gear, as I find some of the most unique things in there that I have not seen at my local malls or even on the internet.

• Like 6

Ed won't be back for the regular season in 2014. I can say that with a certain degree of certainty. I tried to get information out of Don as to what's going in the KIT next year, but all he would tell me was that it would be a show that you'd want to see every visit. [paraphrased]

Does this mean he could potentially return for Haunt? Or is Haunt technically regular season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Not that I am complaining at all about there being more KI related merch in On Location (at least presuming so with Banshee and The Bat and from reading some of the posts on here...) but as a fan of Fox Racing gear and having bought some really unique Fox Racing items at the park ( a fleece jacket for instance, that I have never seen anywhere else ) I hope they still continue to sell some non-park related gear, as I find some of the most unique things in there that I have not seen at my local malls or even on the internet.

There is a shop in Coney Mall that sells stuff that has Fox, Hurley and other similar brands if I'm not mistaken. I understand that you enjoy that there is a location in the park where you can buy that kind of thing, I'm of the opposite thought of why? What does that stuff have to do with the park? But to each his own. I'm glad you enjoy it!

• Like 2

You can love or hate British Invasion, but let's be honest - the Festhaus is German in name only at this point...

agreed. I never actually saw the show, as I'm certain it was likely another musical review with no plot or story line.

Granted, they weren't German-themed either, but Kings Island of old used to have some killer shows in there.

• Like 2

I'm just not a song show person. I never did like them. I'll be honest, if a friend was in the show, I'd watch it once to be polite, then, just be busy every other time.

For a person that makes their living by being imaginative, I really can't suspend belief enough to enjoy people raising their eyebrows, grinning, making grand hand gestures and bursting into a song. I just don't get it.

• Like 4

Ed won't be back for the regular season in 2014. I can say that with a certain degree of certainty. I tried to get information out of Don as to what's going in the KIT next year, but all he would tell me was that it would be a show that you'd want to see every visit. [paraphrased]

Does this mean he could potentially return for Haunt? Or is Haunt technically regular season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly. And I believe that Haunt is part of the regular season. But I could be wrong.

I'm just not a song show person. I never did like them. I'll be honest, if a friend was in the show, I'd watch it once to be polite, then, just be busy every other time.

For a person that makes their living by being imaginative, I really can't suspend belief enough to enjoy people raising their eyebrows, grinning, making grand hand gestures and bursting into a song. I just don't get it.

Oh come on, Tanna. I thought you enjoyed it when you encountered a certain butcher who burst into song a few years ago! :lol:

• Like 5