GWL 12/6-7, 2013

LoraX

My Bieber posters were "stolen" by Lorax.

You got Kings Island Cards out of the deal.

Yeah cause you're mean and you "stole" the cards from my mom. I can't believe you didn't like the posters I brought, some friend you are. Haha just kidding, the look on your face was priceless when you opened them. My mom got it on video, I'll try to upload it for you.

• Like 6

At least everyone finally quit asking him if he wanted to be a weather man!

Don't think I've shared this, but did you ever watch Bob Gregory on the local news when you were in Indiana? Back in '78 when we had the blizzard, dear old Bob missed the forecast (and still kept his job.)

Well, my dads name was Bob Gregory. He was not the weather man, he worked for Ford. Apparently, people presumed the weather man had his phone number listed in the phone book because we got call after call after profanity laden call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

I was 7. I remember the snow some, but the calls much more. My brother and I were not allowed to answer the phone. You really don't grasp how serious people take the weather until you are on the receiving end of their hate. (I am sure people get it to a degree, but not to the degree we understand.) So, I hope that Lucas either becomes the most accurate weatherman ever or he chooses a different path. :)

I hate wearing a coat to this day because of the Bob Gregory winter commercials from the 70's and 80's. I was very shy back then and know people made fun of people that really bundled up in the winter time calling them, "Bob Gregory kids". The fear of them finding out not only was I a "Bob Gregory kid" because I bundled up, but to compact that with if they found out I was truly a "Bob Gregory kid". That was traumatic for someone painfully shy. (It's hilarious now.) - EDIT: For those of you who have met me, you probably know I am not shy now.

Commercial of what I feared: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdxVbgaJvBM

Dad also worked at Ford with Bob McClain who shared the name of another weatherman in the Indianapolis area.

• Like 3

I wonder if Malem has had issues with Bob Gregory too. I don't think he likes coats either.

I avoid them when I can, mainly because I hate carrying extra things around. Luckily, I don't get cold (or hot, for that matter) easily.

I'm pretty sure that I scared some people at the GWL conference wing when I walked outside late Saturday night with a dripping wet swimsuit and a t-shirt.

(Don't worry - I'm careful to avoid dangers like frostbite and hypothermia.)

• Like 6

This just dawned on me a week too late. What we should have done for the group photo was have everybody go outside in nothing but their swimsuits and stand in the snow for the picture. Yeah, we'd be freezing for a few minutes, but just a few minutes wouldn't hurt us. I believe one member of the group did just that on Friday night. A group photo wearing swimsuits in the snow would be awesome.