TOP GUN

DA RIPPER

Yeah, Paramount's not too keen on keeping up their theming. I pray for Tomb Raider, may Lara Croft always have styrofoam walls and bubbling lava.

Better pray harder. The styrofoam is quickly falling apart, even in places guests would never be able to destroy.

Is it just me, or isn't that kind of the idea behind the theming? It's supposed to look like temple ruins, and if stuff does naturally fall apart to a point, it sometimes may look even better. However, I will say that after a while, it does start to look bad.

As for fixing it, if they don't "fix" the ruins correctly, it could look worse that it did before - but then again, PKI probably has a multi-million dollar budget. Then again, time is money, and Tomb Raider isn't exactly the only ride in the park.

I hope the do re-open the lower deck of Top Gun, man that was cool what they had down there. If they don't, it'll be okay with me, but what good is having that stuff if you're not going to use it?

• 3 weeks later...
Ahhh Top Gun is the Greatest Hidden Ride In PKI...i wanna know why isnt PKI'S Top Gun Like Carowinds?

becuase its not. why would it be? just becuase it shares the same name??

And by 'taking off' he just means dispatching. dont take it so literally...common you know the thing never launched.

It would be nice of Top Gun opened the themed area again, and had the steam when it took off, but that costs money, and Paramount isn't willing to spend the money on it. They also would have to have another staff member to open the themed area, because you can't trust the kids down there.

• Like 1

But if it gets more and more people to ride the thing (I would ride it multiple times just to check out the theming after not seeing it for MANY years, and I'm serious) and things build up, more people come to the park, and that $6.50 per hour is worth it. I believe firmly that if PKI stretches and tries to bring back as much of the theming as possible, people will be more excited to ride the rides and come back to the park. I think it could actually help them make money rather than loose it.

Remember, a single penny is worth one cent, but a hundred pennies are worth a dollar.

But if it gets more and more people to ride the thing (I would ride it multiple times just to check out the theming after not seeing it for MANY years, and I'm serious)

That's just it. Fog or reopening the bottom flight deck wouldn't get more and more people to ride the ride.

There's something wrong here...I just did the following math:

$6.5 x 12 hrs. in a park day = $78 per day for staffing.

If the park was open every day for one year (365 days), then it would cost $28,478. That number is less than a third of 100,000.

If the average day was 14 hrs, the cost to the park for 180 days of pay would be $16,380. That number is less than a sixth of 100,000.

When I said that even if the park took that hit, it would help revenue, I meant to also say that if the other theming of the park was freshened up, I believe more people would come back more. I did not say this before, my apologies. Look at Islands of Adventure; the theming is amazing, which is one of the main reasons why the park has such good attendance.

Like I said before, one penny is worth a cent, but a hundred pennies is worth a dollar. Think a little about that quote (by me) if you will.

Hey, we all screw up sometimes. Unfortunaltely, I do more than I'd like, but who cares. As long as I fix it, I figger I can make as many mistakes as I friggin want to. wink.gif I hope more people see my point about Top Gun's theming with the other ride theming within the park. I may not be a business major (although both my parents are accountants...ba ha ha...losers) but it makes sense to me.

I hope more people see my point about Top Gun's theming with the other ride theming within the park.

The Top Gun theming was ok I can see why PKI does not use it anymore. I was their on the last day last year and two people who where running Top Gun took home two missles that used for the themeing so I am not sure if anything is left down their. Plus the theming just made the line longer than it has to be.

The Top Gun theming was ok I can see why PKI does not use it anymore. I was their on the last day last year and two people who where running Top Gun took home two missles that used for the themeing so I am not sure if anything is left down their. Plus the theming just made the line longer than it has to be.

Dude nobody took any missles from top gun, wtf??? We brought a couple into the station for show the last weekend. Just becuase they were chillen up there doesnt mean that anyone took them home. And stevo has a point man, at least me personally cannot think of a way to get two of those things out of the park.

• 10 years later...

"You've got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, know when to run"

.....I keep hearing that in my head as I ponder through the pages of this gone but hopefully not forgotten topic.....

....Can I have a Snicker's bar now?.....I think I'll go ahead and bite in.....Slowly and carefully....

...Have fun folks...

• Like 4