BB1's "Christmas Special"

BB1

Ho Ho Ho, that is all I can hear now as I sit in my living room by the Christmas tree. Ornaments from Christmas olde adorn the tree, as I accept the end of the season. With this abrupt end, I can finally tell the tale of a certain BB1's journey through the Creation Museum's (New) Christmas Town.

Arriving at 6, I was anticipating an exciting night of Christmas cheer as I entered the museum, a place I have not been to for over an year. The hall was decorated to the sights of dragons, or as the side boxes point out, the dinosaurs of the post flood era earth. Various histoires line the wall, from the Romans to the modern day American west, all pointing to how dinosaurs have lived with man for all of history. The most interesting topics for me were those of the Welch and the American West's lore of the Thunderbird. All of which was eclipsed by a sign with details of the Leviathan and the Behemoth, both found in the pages of the Old Testament(Torah as the Hebrews call it) in the Bible. This led out into the lobby, which had a sculpture of Mary and Joseph, and a sign advertising the new Ark Encounter, which to be frank sounds amazing with the amount of theme that AiG can put into the Creation Museum. After visiting the lobby, I went out into the event, first getting a free bag (Not to be confused with another site) that held information about the event, DVD, and etc. Which, of course went to the first part, the food area, where one can get hot cocoa or other snacks in the small pavilion. After having a moment to take in the place, I found myself next to a replica of the Ark's stables and levels, which was truly phenomenal. This was just only a taste of what to come with the next part of the trip, the Nativity scene. What a remarkable sight it was, it was a full out scene with people dressed in Jewish garb of that time, and animals by Mary and Joseph. This area was also where an "archaeologist" told people about the birth of Christ, and how literal it truly was. Of course, the one thing that drew me was the donkey, it was cute, and it was a perk to the experience. This led out to the gardens, filled with lights and sounds of zipliners zipping across the lake. If you ever have a chance to get to the Creation Museum, I highly suggest you come both during the summer and the Christmas times, because this place has such a diverse population of plants and lights that are truly a "must hit" sight. After wandering the gardens (Garden of Eden anyone?) for a time I began to retouch with civilisation with the picnic pavilions hosting a Magi scene. This basically told you about what the Magi, who were the wise men from afar, thought and what their reactions could have been. This wrapped up the outdoor nativity, which by far, if you want to know about Christ's birth, come to the Creation Museum because it is truly phenomenal and a great way to experience it. (Or go to a Christmas Eve service) Also, it has donkeys, and camels, and other animals, that is only a perk though! Which to be honest, the theme and people there were top notch in any theme aspect, better than the halloween events I have been to! Anyways back on topic, what visit is truly ever finished without a visit to the petting zoo? I was excited to finally go back to the place, after one year being away, it is truly amazing. Walking through I saw many animals, camel rides were available, a wallaby hopped in its pen, and goats stood up on their gates waiting for their food. Which, I have seen too many goats for that night. Then to the pinnacle of the night, the one animal I really came to see in the petting zoo. Now please note, if you think I like donkeys, I don't like them more than my favorite animal. The zonkey, yup, the zebra donkey hybrid caught my eye since day one at the Museum, and I have yet to forget them. They are interesting, and amazing due to that they have stripes, yet they are donkeys, truly an amazing creature in creation. Now leaving for another time, I ventured back into the gardens, where I then began to walk on the bridge, This is truly an amazing experience because you can be on the water, get great photos of the museum, and get an amazing view of the gardens. Now back to the banks, I ventured through the lights and got back to the Creation Museum causeway.

Overall this is an amazing trip for any person interested in Christ, or loves the Christmas lights on display. I highly reccomend visiting the Creation Museum any time to see what they have to offer, and learn a little more on Creationism. Which even I, a devout Christian who studies the Creation material and finds support almost every day, find new information every time I get into the Creation Museum, which still amazes me at what you can find all across the world to support it. Thank you for reading my PTR, it was hard to sum up the whole event, and I hope you did enjoy it. Yes, this does mean the end of the use of donkeys in my posts, except on occasion, but that would be seldom.

To those who visited the Holiday party, this is my Christmas Present, so consider it a gift.

Photos to come soon!

• Like 8

I have not been to the Creation Museum. I appreciate you letting me (and others) know about Christmas Eve being free. I am going to try to plan a trip next year. It just seems fitting to go on Christmas Eve. I know one of the young men in the youth group at church said he would like to go. I just could not get the time off work this year.

I know I am planning our trips for 2014 and I am would really like to go to the CM. I am thinking about possibly going minus Katie so I can actually take my time and see what it is. She has a tendency to rush through things. This maybe what I do while she's away at church camp in July.

Great report. Thank you for sharing. Oh - Zonkeys are adorable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I already have the video series by Ken Ham about Creation, and I bought an Appologetics Bible from them long ago, sadly I did not buy anything.

I can't be the only one to think having the last name Ham and studying Genesis is quite a cool coincidence. It's a little funny too. :)

Great report. Thank you for sharing. Oh - Zonkeys are adorable.

Now you see why I love donkeys/zonkeys!

Thanks for your responce, and the other likes by other users, I hope you make it out soon!

• Like 1