New Ride Coming to Coney in 2014

CoastersRZ

• 3 months later...

For those who are more familiar with the park than I am, can you see an addition similar to Wooden Warrior or Roar-O-Saurus in the future? Wooden Warrior has gotten rave reviews and the renderings/construction pics of Roar-O-Saurus make it look like it will be just as big of a hit. This just seems like a addition that would fit well with Coney and not be crazy expensive.

Why not install a chute the chutes on the western end of Lake Como. OR bring back the train ride through the western woods.

The train tunnels are still visible when you drive into the west gate!

They would also use them to store the trains.

Does anyone know what happened to the trains after CI closed?

pilotank

• 2 weeks later...

I do not know what happened to the trains that Coney used to have.

For those that maybe heading down to Coney this weekend. Wipe Out will not be ready to go for the Appalachian Festival. All systems are hopefully a go for Memorial Day weekend, which is the official opening weekend for Coneys 128th anniversary of its founding.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I just took my first spin on Wipe Out. It is an intense, thrilling and fun ride. Definitely unlike anything I`ve been on before. A solid addition to Coney. I can see some people who are weak in the stomach not being able to tolerate this ride. Riders must be 52" tall to ride.

Definitely try and get out to Coney and ride this if you can. It is going to be a good ride to watch as well, for those that do not want to ride.

• Like 4

Is it possible to be tall enough but too small?

Terp, who is amazed at how politically correct parks strive to be when it comes to ride requirements, at the expense of clarity. (If you are too big to ride, you cannot...or..if you don't fit, you don't ride, we decide...no US park would ever say that)

• Like 5

This ride is definitely worth a visit to Coney. Surprisingly, nobody got sick on it during opening weekend! I have been on the ride twice, and it is definitely a unique experience. Definitely a ride where those not willing to try it on can enjoy the show of the ride running.

• Like 1

If you do decide to go to Balloon Glow. Show up early. Typically ride lines do not get bad until late afternoon. The big draw is of course the balloons and fireworks. And be warned that the capacity of Wipe Out, with only twelve seats, is not that great. So it will likely have long lines.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Also stop by the Moonlite Gazebo (by Moonlite Gardens) at the Balloon Glow to check out the UC Jazz Band as well. I'll be playing 2nd alto sax. Apparently we're getting patriotic blazers to wear as well. We are told we will start playing around 7 pm.

• Like 2