Flashback Till February 2014

TOPGUN1993

My first ride on The Beast was in 2010. I have no nostalgia with it whatsoever. It is my second favorite woodie and third favorite coaster ever, ranking just below Voyage and Vortex.

What makes The Beast special, to me, is the setting. You forget that you are at a theme park when you ride it since it's way back in the woods. If you took that coaster, and placed it completely on a flat concrete pad, I believe it would likely go down as a terribly boring coaster.

• Like 6

Photo #17 - Wild Thornberrys River Adventure

aqKXKhj.jpg

I really wish they would update the theming of our Log Flume, I'm pretty sure that this is the way it still looks for RFYLCB. If they did I think we would have one of the best log flumes around!

Can you recognize the singing, dancing manager from the Burger King commercials?

The Klown Band really added atmosphere to International Street,

I remember you said he was in the clown band, but being 30 years older, I can't recognize him; is he the one behind Mike?

Can you recognize the singing, dancing manager from the Burger King commercials?

The Klown Band really added atmosphere to International Street,

I remember you said he was in the clown band, but being 30 years older, I can't recognize him; is he the one behind Mike?

Yes, back row, far left, pointing. He could fit a whole lime in his mouth, though it was not used in the show. Tremendous waste of a talent there.

• Like 4

I really wish they would update the theming of our Log Flume, I'm pretty sure that this is the way it still looks for RFYLCB. If they did I think we would have one of the best log flumes around!

If you think it's bad now you should have seen it pre Wild Thornberry days. IMO, it looks fine now. You get in a log, you ride in the trough(sp?), you get wet. It serves its purpose.

• Like 5

Geez I miss being a kid! I loved that ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't have to be a kid to ride it! Check out my Avatar haha.
Haha I know. I do still ride it. I just liked it better when it was Scooby Doo.

Totally agree. I wish they would get new guns in it. The ones they have right now are starting to go bad. I always try to get a new high score or to beat my friends every visit. We usually ride it 2-3 times a visit, especially on the more dead days. It would be neat to see a full on revamp of it with new guns, themes, and such. Might be asking too much though.

• Like 2

Geez I miss being a kid! I loved that ride.

Don't have to be a kid to ride it! Check out my Avatar haha.
Haha I know. I do still ride it. I just liked it better when it was Scooby Doo.

Totally agree. I wish they would get new guns in it. The ones they have right now are starting to go bad. I always try to get a new high score or to beat my friends every visit. We usually ride it 2-3 times a visit, especially on the more dead days. It would be neat to see a full on revamp of it with new guns, themes, and such. Might be asking too much though.
Yeah my scores aren't as high as I thought they would be.

• Like 1

Photo #18 - Scooby Doo & the Haunted Castle

fxgWxHM.jpg

A sad sign, knowing what greatness was being lost.

The nostalgia from Phantom Theater is great for me. It is an outstanding ride in its own. I think it would've been neat to keep it as it, but I like the interactive feel that it was given on the reboot to Scooby Doo.

*edited for Terp!* lol

Edited by XjoshhyX
  • Like 1

I always enjoy these topics so thanks for doing this again!

The Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle picture brings back some great memories of visiting the park in the fall with my whole family which I haven't done in years, it also brings back memories of how I was upset about losing one of my favorite rides in the park.

The King Cobra picture is very awesome, cool to see it from a different angle! Great picture of White Water Canyon as well, we are lucky to have such a great rapids ride at the park!

Anyways, thanks again for sharing these pictures.

• Like 6