Flashback Till February 2014

TOPGUN1993

I have yet to see a pucyure of the tank boats that sgot tennis balls out. If anyone has a picture of these that woyld be awesome

Oh yeah, did those last like 1 season?

I am not sure how long they were there. What I do remember is that you could look down on them while going up to the slide while in Hannah Barbara Land. It was also a pay per ride as I remember wanting to do them as a kid but my parents would never pay.

I remember the painted "paths" on the ground that led you to the entrance of the ride queue. You can see this one for Flight Commander in the bottom towards the middle of the picture. If I'm not mistaken, Vortex and The Beast also had these.

I feel like I remember those being present for The Beast, but I didn't start regularly visiting KI until 2010.

There's no way that's correct, though. I think my memory is faulty.

-homestar92, who works in IT, and has seen his share of faulty memory.

• Like 5

yes, the paw prints as shown above.

Vortex had the hand gripping the twisted track, I believe it extended back to about where the slege hammer game is now.

I don't remember them for any other ride, but then again, I didn't remember them for Flight Commander so its possible they were elsewhere

• Like 5

I'd imagine it was a pain to keep the footprints and Vortex logo looking nice. Lord knows how many people walk on them every day while being exposed to the elements. I always remember them either looking freshly painted or very faded. They were a neat touch but was it worth the up keep? If they could find a more permanent solution I'd loved it if they brought these back.

• Like 4

Well the footprints acted as more than just a "guide to the ride" they actually used as a "placeholder" for the line as it often extended out beyond the que for those rides.

I distinctly remembering, that once you got into the "gated" area of the que for Vortex, it was pretty quick from there to getting on the train, but there was never a good way to judge how long it would take you to get from where the line ended amongst the painted part of the line and where the fenced off area started near the exit for shake rattle and roll. While you could make a good guess of it, it somewhat dependened on how "spaced out" a group of riders were. I "slow" day at KI, meant that the que for Vortex started where the fencing starts today. A normal day meant the line extended out along the painted symbols.

I don't remember The Beast extending out beyond its que as often, but there were definently times those paw prints were very much a part of the line.

• Like 8

I distinctly remember one time The Beast's line backed up to LaRosa's. It was the first time I ever rode it. I was probably about 8 years old. I decided I was going to ride it that day no matter what. It was a busy day so I had about 2 and a half hours to psych myself into or out of riding it. Luckily, I went through with it.

• Like 2

I was going to say, land that is now White Water Canyon. It may be, but until a wiki search, I had no memory or knowledge that a Nature Trail existed at KI. Wiki says the entrance was near "The Beast" entrance (actually behind it) so it would potentiall be in that area, though not neccessarily.

• Like 1