Flashback Till February 2014

TOPGUN1993

KCKC was among my favorites in KI's ride lineup. I miss that ride probably more than any other defunct ride. I always considered it a thrill ride in many ways. And I find it difficult to describe how cool it was, but when I do I use a lot of hand gestures and sound effects ;) "It would skid across the pond below, just like a jet ski SWISH!…it was so cool…you had to be there!"

• Like 5

Viking Fury - with a sail

ExtSblx.jpg

Wild Thornberry River Adventure Station Concept

kvIXUrC.jpg

Son of Beast ConstructionxNazv9W.jpg

Coney Mall (With Bat)

qHH2U3c.jpg

Delirium as the HUSS facility in Germany

HlM5PAh.jpg

Demon Construction

NdkUa0Y.jpg

Beast 5 cars 5 rows

VFh0FWl.jpg

Beast "Penny Mill" as we called it

0r1tJBb.jpg

Vortex Construction

OHll5Hi.jpg

Coney Mall with Wild Animal Safari

BhsplNu.jpg

That is all ;)

• Like 34

Thank you! I have absolutely LOVED this tread. Growing up, I was the youngest of 7 kids, with parents who didn't make much money, so we were lucky to get to go once a year. It was a three hour drive to K.I.; we left home around 6am in the '63 Chevy Bel Air station wagon, and had to leave before the fireworks so my dad could wake up for work. This brings back so many great memories to those times!

• Like 4

Thank you for the amazing walk back through time!

I was excited to catch a glimpse of Skylab in one of the photos. I have very clear memories of riding it in 1995, with two of my best friends. I sat in my friend Stacey's lap, and our friend Lyndsay sat in the front half of the gondola. It was the first ride I ever rode that went upside down and sort of got me over my fear of "big" rides. I rode Racer, my first adult roller coaster, later that day.

I've never been able to clearly remember where it was in the park, other than somewhere on the north half. This places exactly where it is and fills in that hole for me! Because of the very fond memories I have of Skylab, Enterprise rides remain one of my favorite flat rides to this day. :)

• Like 3