Frisch's Big Boy Switching to Pepsi

Working for UD dining services (who just switched to PepsiCo this academic year) I can tell you first hand the reception has been mixed. If I had to make a preference I'd say PepsiCo because of Gatorade is far superior to Powerade and they don't use high fructose corn syrup in all their products.

• Like 2

Sigh. PLEASE see the post above yours.

Mountain Dew is also a registered trademark of Pepsico of Purchase, New York. As such, it is always capitalized.

It is very important.

Actually, on a random coaster enthusiast forum, I think you are the only one who cares if someone posts Coke versus Coke or mountain dew versus Mountain Dew. And to be completely honest, these posts are becoming quite obnoxious.

• Like 2

As long as they keep their "crunchy ice" I'm good, my wife on the other hand, is going to be ****ed.

Frisch's is one of the few (actually only that I can think of) where I order a Coke over a Diet Coke, namely to get a "cherry Coke". I actually prefer Pepsi over Coke, but much prefer Diet Coke over Diet Pepsi, and ironically like diet Cherry Pepsi over Diet Cherry Coke, so this may be a good thing for me.

Still my wife is going to be ****ed, so its likely that we'll be eating there a few less times a year than we currently do (probably about 5 or 6 times a year)

After informing my wife the other evening, I can confirm, we will be taking significantly less trips to Frisch's as a family moving forward, perhaps as few as zero. First Costco took away their Coke fountain dispensers, now Frisch's; she's one dissapointed Coke Fan heading into the new year. At least McDonald's still serves up the best Diet Coke in the business.

• Like 1

Mountain Dew is also a registered trademark of Pepsico of Purchase, New York. As such, it is always capitalized.

It is very important.

Actually, on a random coaster enthusiast forum, I think you are the only one who cares if someone posts Coke versus Coke or mountain dew versus Mountain Dew. And to be completely honest, these posts are becoming quite obnoxious.

Are you willing to indemnify this site in the event of litigation?

That's what I thought.

• Like 5

Companies must defend their exclusive right to any trademark, or they risk losing that right. Some trademarks, like Coke, are at risk of genericization. If the "Coke" trademark is declared generic, The Coca-Cola Company might (for example) lose the right to stop businesses from referring to drinks other than Coke as "a Coke".

That said, a site like this with user-generated discussion is exceedingly unlikely to receive trademark litigation resulting from a few users who don't know how to use proper nouns. Generally speaking, each user is responsible for his/her own content, and postings here are non-commercial in nature. If a company felt that user(s) here were harming its trademark interests, the likely outcome would be that Dane would receive a letter asking him to moderate such misuse.

Regardless, it is important to use trademarks properly. Not doing so is incorrect English, results in needless confusion, and creates possible legal exposure (as Terp keeps noting). Misusing trademarks here could cause tension between this site and its partners - mainly Kings Island and various advertisers. The Coca-Cola Company is a primary sponsor of the former.

• Like 7

^Sure, it's incorrect English to misuse a trademark and leave out some capitalization. I'm all for spell-checking and proofreading and what-not. But it's far more obnoxious to be met with a nearly-identical post in multiple topics, simply correcting other users for typing Coke instead of Coke.

• Like 2

I prefer Coke, but when ordering, ask for the diet "whatever you have." I don't like to have the waitress to have to go into name brand explanations; it's her job, not her life. I buy Coke products in my home, but honestly can't see a bit of difference when I'm out dining.

What are the business reasons for the switch?

I don't dine out much anymore due to smoking bans- (used to go to Frisch's about every two weeks).

Sad news : ( for me Coca-Cola will always reign supreme. I agree with whoever mentioned Jimmy Johns though, they have the good ice and serve one hell of a Coke! On a side note will this site get sued for a few trademarks not being capitalized? The odds are very much in favor of that not happening, I would be shocked honestly. With that said how freaking hard is it to just capitalize it and keep everyone (including the grammar nazi that is SOBwasaSOB)happy?

• Like 1

It is very important.

I care.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 4

It is very important.

I care.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Thanks for making me laugh. After reading through that diatribe I was afraid it would never happen again.

Edit--The PM function would be a MUCH better way of correcting someone on using punctuation. Keeps all the highly annoying back and forth, like seen in this thread, away..