Boo Blasters on Boo Hill (BBOBH)

LetsRide

and not sure you could get an entire ride with PEANUTS scenes.

But somehow Kennywood was able to get an entire ride with Garfield scenes! :D

Garfield's Nightmare is one of the worst rides I've been on (and many others share the same opinion). A then-7 year old GatorGirl summed up the ride nicely while exiting the boat: "I'm not impressed."

EDIT:

The announcement when you get on the ride could be "WHA-WHAWHA-WHA."

That's really not too different than a lot of them sound currently!

• Like 9

As a kid, I loved The Enchanted Voyage. Loved everything about it. I miss the boats. I miss the smell. I remember being so excited to get on the rotating loading area and make my way to a boat. And then you had the snail who greeted you on your way in to a ride that felt like a different world. I have seen old movies and yes, it was cheesy, but as a kid you just couldn't beat it.

When the Smurfs came along, I didn't care for it. I was too old for the Smurfs. But my younger siblings really liked it. I still enjoyed the experience of riding the boats. A lot of things I loved about The Enchanted Voyage were still there. But I still missed MY ride. Also, I remember thinking that blue ice cream (which I believe was new for the Smurfs) was unnatural and would never last. Ooops.

By the time Phantom Theater came around, I was a young adult. I didn't really care any more. I didn't go to Kings Island unless someone was able to get me in for free. I had fun when I went, but I wasn't a fan. I rode Phantom Theater once and thought it was kind of lame. So did my friend who accompanied me. Of course, we were comparing it to Enchanted Voyage and Disney's Haunted Mansion. It couldn't live up to HM, obviously. And it couldn't measure up to our nostalgia for the old ride.

Part of the problem with Phantom Theater is that its ambition exceeded its reach. In retrospect, I appreciate that it tried to be something greater than what you typically find in a season amusement park. Unfortunately, those animatronics weren't very impressive and that was about all the ride had going for it.

Boo Blasters is fine for what it is. No one is going to accuse it of being overly ambitious. It's a fun ride on a hot day. My youngest won't get near it, but I can finally ride with my oldest. And even if I'm there by myself, I will usually check it out if there's not a long line.

I would like a more family-friendly dark ride. You could easily fill that space with Peanuts. But I don't think that would result in a big boost in attendance. So CF probably won't want to spend the money on such a thing.

Ideally, I'd like to see a family-friendly dark ride in addition to what we already have. Fix up Boo Blasters AND give us a dark ride in the tradition of Enchanted Voyage (with boats please!) I know, I'm dreaming.

• Like 7

Are boats expensive for a park? Not just keeping the water clean, but the whole unpredictably of average humans in the proximity of a small boat? Because if there's an idiot in the world, he'll gravitate towards them and allow his three year old to soft shoe shuffle on the seat throughout the entire ride.

• Like 1

Are boats expensive for a park? Not just keeping the water clean, but the whole unpredictably of average humans in the proximity of a small boat? Because if there's an idiot in the world, he'll gravitate towards them and allow his three year old to soft shoe shuffle on the seat throughout the entire ride.

The biggest problem is pinch injuries from guests who can't keep their hands inside the boats.

Monster Mansion

Six Flags Over Georgia

Thank goodness for Melinda Ashcraft, who saved this ride (and Mindbender) from a corporate who had other ideas.

• Like 5

The biggest problem is pinch injuries from guests who can't keep their hands inside the boats.

Monster Mansion

Six Flags Over Georgia

Thank goodness for Melinda Ashcraft, who saved this ride (and Mindbender) from a corporate who had other ideas.

Am I to understand that KI nearly lost its only dark ride? Shudder.