Your HOTTEST Kings Island pics

KIfan73

With the temperature hovering in the single digits right now, with more wintry chill in the forecast, I've been enjoying looking at some of my warm weather KI pics. Some of my visits I can remember it being VERY hot, which is a nice thought right now (at least to me) with this frigid weather.

I thought I'd start a thread where you can post a pic of a visit where you can remember it being during the dog days of summer.

If you know the date of your visit, you can go to this link http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KHAO/2014/1/1/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA to find out what the temp was on that date!

Here is mine:

cd001195309b726d8a9ccaba0e17af3e.jpg

This is July 23, 2012. According to wunderground.com, it was 95 degrees that day! I bet Congo was a real popular ride that day.

• Like 10

They used to fill that inner water resevoir all the way to the top. Not sure why they stopped doing it. It also used to have the water cannons in it(maybe it still does?) that would shoot the water up. As the control operator, you could get the riders absolutely soaked if you timed it right by turning the water canons off and then on again at the control panel.

• Like 8

We were there July 4, 2012 and it was horribly hot. We ended up leaving around 3:00 since it was so hot. It was 98* according to that link. My car at the time did not have AC. So we went to a McDonald's half way between KI and home to cool down a bit.

While I do not have pics of that day, another insanely hot day was in 2007. I wish I knew what day this was to see how hot it was. It was hot and horribly humid. Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

IMG00815-20120512-1211.jpg

7-5-12

The max temperature this day was 99 degrees. I remember going over to Soak City and walking on the concrete was terrible. I think we spent most of the time in the river.

We also went to Soak City that Saturday and I think the temperature had reached triple digits.

• Like 6

I like this topic since it reminds me of summer, a time that you'll never hear me complain about the temperature.

I used to prefer the cold but as I age and my body gets mileage on it, I feel much more soreness and discomfort when it's cold out.

• Like 7