Dick's Last Resort Coming to The Levee

I have been to 3 of them and still tell stories of the hilarious antics the servers did. People get too caught up on thinking they just make fun of you.

Examples:

Someone asked for ketchup so every waiter grabbed everyone's ketchup and placed it on her table.

Table needs napkins? Throw them in the ceiling fan.

The entire table ordered cole slaw so they grabbed the container from the kitchen and threw scoops of coleslaw into your bowls infront if you.

I bought the t-shirt.

• Like 5

I just wondered. Some of the Yelp reviews for US locations claimed two drinks and an order of wings were $85.

I've never been to Dick's last Resort, so I can't comment on the quality of food, nor the atmosphere other than what I've read/heard 2nd hand, but I figured foot pricing would be easy to research. Now, I'll assume prices vary slightly based upon location and are not exact for any particular location. here is the "to go" menu from the location in San Antonio that I found on the web:

http://www.dickslastresort.com/images/Menus/SA_ToGo.pdf

A bucket of Ribs & chicken wings, dinner portion runs $17.99 assuming that is the latest.

There is nothing on that particular menu about "an orer of wings" at some places and "order of wings" can vary from 6 to 10 to 12, to 18, 24, 36..... So an order of wings could be rather large or rather small. The menu doesn't list the amount of wings, nor the amount of ribs, but I'd assume the combination of both would be more than enough to fill the average consumer. If we assume a roughly 20% tip, a dinner bill of $70 with a 20% tip, rounded up to the nearest $5 would get you to $85. Lets be generous and and round the wings up to $20 to make the math easy, and that would leave you with $50 in drinks, or $25 per drink. Can you spend $25 on a single drink? Absolutely. At Dick's? I doubt it, though like I said I've never been so I don't know what their bar is stacked with. Put some high priced whiskey in there or a fancy glass of wine and I could see a price tag that high, however those type of prices and drinks are generally reserved for your higher end restaurants as a chain like Dick's or its equivalent isn't going to sell enough volume of those high priced drinks. there is nothing under the "booze" section of their website that list a single drink (beer or otherwise) approaching anything near $25; however there were bottles of wine for $21 to $27. The closest single drink was an $11.50 angry orchard "big *** beer" in a "keeper glass". They do have a page dedicated to magaritas, but they list no price that I could find. I doubt a single margarita run $25 based upon the other prices I've seen.

So in short, the review claiming 2 drinks and an order of wings ran them $85 is bunk in my opinion. Either the price is exagerated, or the size of there drink is exagerted. I've enjoyed an entire bottle of wine to myself, I've even had 2 full bottles of wine while sitting in Bordeaux on a Sunday afternoon with friends with nothing to do but wait for the train to depart later that evening. While I certainly over indulged, I'd never say I had just "2 drinks" I had a boat load of drinks, just came out of 2 bottles.

• Like 3

Table needs napkins? Throw them in the ceiling fan.

LOL, That was my favorite part in Chicago! Server walked up with a handful of napkins, said "here you go", and chucked them into the whirring fan above...shocking and hilarious!

We then engaged in a "napkin war" with the tables around us for a few minutes. It was a brief trip back to middle school :D

No fans where we sat in Gatlinburg though. Kids didn't get to see that one, sadly.

• Like 2