No Loose Articles in the Banshee Station

Young Gunz

I think it'd be nice if they took Universal's approach. No loose articles on any of the major rides. But outside of them they have free short term lockers. Free for a couple hours so you can wait in line and then retrieve your belongings without having to pay. If you decide to leave them in longer then you get charged for the locker use. Then none of the major would have to wait for people to store their belongings in the bin, but if you get the souvenir cups or win prizes you don't have to spend a ton of money on a locker or risk losing the items.

• Like 9

^ This is a great idea, but unfortunately not a money maker for KI so I don't see this happening. I wouldn't mind paying something like 50 or 75 cents for a locker rental for a couple hours. Just long enough to store something small while I'm in line for the ride.

• Like 2

I think it'd be nice if they took Universal's approach. No loose articles on any of the major rides. But outside of them they have free short term lockers. Free for a couple hours so you can wait in line and then retrieve your belongings without having to pay. If you decide to leave them in longer then you get charged for the locker use. Then none of the major would have to wait for people to store their belongings in the bin, but if you get the souvenir cups or win prizes you don't have to spend a ton of money on a locker or risk losing the items.

When I went to Universal, this was one of the things I liked best about it. I realize the park it not making any money off the system, but this shows high customer service. Granted, I'll be wearing cargo shorts so won't have an issue with loose articles but it sure would be nice to have free lockers.

• Like 6

I see this as a good thing.

As I saw in the other thread, people are upset because they won't have a place to put their souvenir cups without having to pay for storage, etc.

Here's the thing, soda on a hot day really isn't good for you, yeah it may taste amazing but it's not good for you. I don't think this is a money grabbing opportunity for the park. It's for the park to make a profit....if they didn't make a profit, you wouldn't have a park to visit. Save yourself money, by not buying the souvenir cups and drink water as well as not buying a locker!

I've been agreeing with most posts about only bringing whats necessary to the park.

Having been a part of operations, it is a PAIN for the employees to deal with the bins and the souvenir cups. People take forever to place items in the bins, trying to "hide" whatever they have with them in a corner of the bin so no one steals their items. On top of that people take forever to retrieve their items, the train is ready to go but cannot be dispatched because people are in the station trying to gather all of their belongings, then if their souvenir cup isn't there they have to find it and insist on filling out a lost and found form, so that if we would find it they could get it at the close of the day.

I get the frustration of the GP/Enthusiasts who want to have a place to store their items without being charged but is it something so upsetting even if you have a way to control how you manage your items and use?

• Like 13

^ This is a great idea, but unfortunately not a money maker for KI so I don't see this happening. I wouldn't mind paying something like 50 or 75 cents for a locker rental for a couple hours. Just long enough to store something small while I'm in line for the ride.

This too would be nice if they really wanted to charge something. I never really carry much with me in the parks but play games on occasion and my friends sometimes get the refillable sodas (I just get cups of water). So be nice for at those times plus just the time saving and increased capacity on the rides

• Like 1

I have always tried to travel as light as possible in the park. I've even got MrsNC to finally travel much lighter. But the real problem I see here is the loss of revenue for the park on "item" sales. They really need to find a better balance on locker pricing. The current rate of $2/hour, if I remember correctly, is nothing short of outrageous. I can tell you for certain, these rates have caused me to not buy said items during the day. I know the response many will have is to get it later. This does not work on items such as on ride photos. I understand CF needs revenue to continue to offer "the best day ever", but customer satisfaction is a large part of that. The current locker pricing is seen by most I've heard from as, unreasonable. Revenue could quite possibly increase if lockers where more reasonably priced. I know as well that many use the carry out to the car and return system, and that is great, but for the casual park goers, this is seen as lost time.

As far as the refillable drinks, I could see a card being sold in lieu of an actual cup.

• Like 11

The problem with cards, wrist bands, and even, to some extent, the souvenir cups, is sharing guests. Once a guest leaves a stand with a drink, there is nothing to prevent him or her from giving it to another person, sharing it with two or more others, etc.

More and more, I think the Holiday World system of building the price into admission makes the most sense. Tell the guests it's free with admission.

I just hate to think of all the paper waste.

• Like 10

I have always tried to travel as light as possible in the park. I've even got MrsNC to finally travel much lighter. But the real problem I see here is the loss of revenue for the park on "item" sales. They really need to find a better balance on locker pricing. The current rate of $2/hour, if I remember correctly, is nothing short of outrageous. I can tell you for certain, these rates have caused me to not buy said items during the day. I know the response many will have is to get it later. This does not work on items such as on ride photos. I understand CF needs revenue to continue to offer "the best day ever", but customer satisfaction is a large part of that. The current locker pricing is seen by most I've heard from as, unreasonable. Revenue could quite possibly increase if lockers where more reasonably priced. I know as well that many use the carry out to the car and return system, and that is great, but for the casual park goers, this is seen as lost time.

As far as the refillable drinks, I could see a card being sold in lieu of an actual cup.

Yea I dont' care much but will buy things on occasion and my friends that go dot he souvenir cups and photos a bit. But if we have to pay the prices for lockers to go on Banshee we will all definitely skip buying things in lieu of getting a locker.

Wonder if a "seasons pass" for lockers would work, or a tier within the pass line somewhere between gold and platinum.

They had that back in the Paramount years. Apparently it didn't sell too well.

Interesting....didn't realize that. I must have discounted that as a perk...heck I never use the lockers anyways, since a good walk to the car to drop off "stuff" works for me.

I'm not sure if you got the same locker every day or not. I think they were the ones that were near Viking Fury. I'd love to have a season-long locker that I could keep stuff in for the season. I'd keep a poncho, souvenir bottle and maybe a change of shoes.

I don't think you want your shoes in the lockers, they can get a bit dank over the long run.

• Like 2

Even when I was a little kid my family didn't like bringing lots of stuff to the park. I do remember one time I got a souvenir cup st CP and we ended up hiding it in bushed whenever we went on rides. I know that's not the most secure way of storing a loose article...but heck, it was just a plastic cup. I'd never leave anything valuable behind in a bush.

Really, unless you have a baby or small toddler with you, I don't see why you need so much stuff.

Me: Cargo shorts, water bottle (refill it throughout the day--never need to buy drinks), wallet, keys, phone. The water bottle's a little lumpy but it still fits. I have all the essentials and I don't have to worry about loose articles. If I want a souvenir? I wait until the end of the night and buy something on my way out of the park.

• Like 4

My wife and I truly enjoyed the Universal locker system. The lockers were free to use for about what the wait time of the ride was. It was great to throw things in, hop on a ride hop off and get our stuff. You could pay to keep the locker longer. When we went to CP we hid our drink cup on top of the lockers.

Families bring many things into a park. Families bring in cameras, can pick up drinks, buy photos, etc. You have to remember that those of us on here are probably not the key demographic for locker rental. The people who "know" how to pack for a day of KI.

• Like 6