No Loose Articles in the Banshee Station

Young Gunz

A big pain are cameras. My family is a roller coaster family--that's the main reason we go to parks. But my family also loves to take pictures (mainly my mom and I) and we have a nice camera that we like to use rather than low quality cell phone images. The only problem is that if we want to take our nice camera to a park, we have to buy lockers. This is really the only instance when I'd actually depend on lockers, but with having to pay for them it can definitely be an inconvenience.

• Like 7

I think this is a good move. I know it can be frustrating for a lot of people, but for me its not a problem with cargo pants/shorts and if I'm thirsty I just ask for two cups of free water from one of the nearby restaurants to stand in line with and then that keeps me hydrated for a little bit while waiting. They place plenty of trashcans throughout the line so when you're done just toss your empty cups in there and then get on and enjoy the ride. That's just my simple theory and it has worked well for me for a long time.

• Like 3

We bought cups at the beginning of the season. I doubt we will this year. We only bought soda on a few occasions. It was really not worth it in the long run for us. The only time it was worth carrying a cup was on hot days to fill up with water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I think Six Flags has a very balanced approach. At Fiesta Texas this year, one-time use lockers were $1 per hour. But for $5 you could buy a coupon code that would allow you one free hour. The code was valid at every set of ride lockers and could be unlimited times throughout the day (you have to end a rental before you can use the code to start another rental).

Most Six Flags parks also have numbered cup holders on exit platforms.

• Like 4

IMO this could go either way, both good and bad. Coming from someone who works at a ride that does not have bins, I have seen it all. What I am picturing is lockers that will be similar to how Gatekeeper is (lockers near the entrance) and having employees at the front of the line telling people they must have a locker for their things, which would be good for the park because that 24mil has to be paid somehow but with saying that it will bring out the bad side. What I mean is that guests will get angry and pull out every excuse they can find to try to convince the employees to let them take their bag, and believe me guests will get angry and this could possibly slow down capacity. But I also believe that there will be some sort of bin in the station that are similar to the ones Gatekeeper has. So long story short, IMO there needs to be bins in the station. Bins make guests happy and a happy guest is a good thing!

I have seen people get pretty furious at ride hosts and employees before when they tell them they have to get a locker. I understand why lockers are necessary, but again, if they were made free (or at least hidden in admission costs where most people wouldn't realize it), I don't think people would give as big as a fuss as many currently do. I'd rather have prices increase by 5 or 10 bucks if it meant not having to pay for lockers once in the park. This would result in happier people, happier employees, and happier FUN days.

• Like 2

Then don't go to universal! Or holiday world if you drink water.

And honestly if it would ever happen, which it probably won't, it would be done to increase customer satisfaction and to make more money.

If they offered free locker rentals plus an additional 5$ entry fee (price usually goes up every year or so anyway) would you not go?

• Like 6

after the first couple of seasons, i would think that the lockers could have easily paid for themselves. I think that the park could charge a lot less and stretch the cost of the lockers over a couple more seasons. Instead of being $4 and hour, charge $4 for the whole day for a "movable" locker. Or charge $1 and hour. something like that.

You over estimate people. The moment you charge for something is te exact moment people try to find a way to get the same results for free. That's why so many phones and glasses fly off of riders. Didn't matter if you charged $1 per day for locker use. People wouldn't pay because it's an unaccounted expense.

If you charge that dollar or 10 more dollars onto a ticket but state that there are free lockers or soft drinks or sun tan lotion or towels, etc people will use them.

People go to all you can eat buffets and pay a 18 for a drink a burger se fries dessert and maybe another entre. Versus a burger drink fries, chicken nuggets and a desert would cost you 7-9$ at most fast food joints.

Kids eat free! That free meal is being paid for by every other diner in the restaurant. If you eat at a place that offers free meals to kids then a portion of your bill covered that.

• Like 4

You over estimate people. The moment you charge for something is te exact moment people try to find a way to get the same results for free. That's why so many phones and glasses fly off of riders. Didn't matter if you charged $1 per day for locker use. People wouldn't pay because it's an unaccounted expense.

If you charge that dollar or 10 more dollars onto a ticket but state that there are free lockers or soft drinks or sun tan lotion or towels, etc people will use them.

People go to all you can eat buffets and pay a 18 for a drink a burger se fries dessert and maybe another entre. Versus a burger drink fries, chicken nuggets and a desert would cost you 7-9$ at most fast food joints.

Kids eat free! That free meal is being paid for by every other diner in the restaurant. If you eat at a place that offers free meals to kids then a portion of your bill covered that.

What fast food restaurants can you get a meal plus desert for $7-9?

Unless you are talking dollar menu items.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

A McDonald's value meal on average is 6$ plus a $1 ice cream/cookie pie

Wendy's and Hardee's are about the same.

Dollar menu would be even cheaper.

Of course price goes up with even bigger meals. Heck at Chick Fil-a you can get a combo for 6$ and deserts are about 1.5-3$

Most fast food is cheap.

I was thinking Wendy's value meal btw

I don't know if I saw this mentioned (I just skimmed through the posts). Though maybe something like locker rental being included if you have a gold/platinum pass? I'm sure they could do something to make it so you could just scan your pass. Even if it wasn't free the whole day, at least for a few hours? Just a thought. I do know a lot of people who put their bag on top of the lockers or next to it on Firehawk. Of course nothing valuable, just sunscreen and stuff.

If KI proceeds with the RFID chip bracelet idea being discussed. More people would be using the lockers because they don't have to worry about bringing cash or using their cards at the kiosk to purchase the lockers. Swipe the bracelet put your stuff in and go ride and have fun!!

Sent from my iPhone using Taptalk

• Like 1

The only problem I have with paying 50 cents or a dollar per hour is some people (like my aunt) don't carry cash and would hate to use their card on such a small transaction.

I like the idea of a gold/platinum card including free locker usage, but then you have people who thinks it's unfair to make them pay for other's lockers. Which I can understand but It's not like you can't use it.

Whatever the solution is to this, I will be happy. I bring my wallet and my cellphone and with most of my pants/shorts having zippers or buttons, I'm never really in trouble with "Loose Articles"

Once they're paid for and the price is (more or less) accepted, the revenue from them becomes almost pure profit (aside from maintenance) that would return revenue for years. The park wouldn't adjust the price. Not a nit, just pointing out how I think the park would view things.

But I love the idea of a $1/hour/use and $5 for a moveable locker. No reason it can't be done - it's electronic as-is. So long as the darned thing remains locked until I put the required funds in to get my stuff. I'd hate to lose a dSLR or expensive glass while riding a ride! And it speeds up the queues because ride ops don't have to wait for the chaos of the two trainloads trying to get to the same bins.

• Like 1

I like the idea of it being included in the cost. I rarely buy souvenirs because of the hassle of having to carry them around all day. So it's quite probable that I would then feel more free to buy the cups, glasses, shirts, what have you. The biggest setback I can see is that with them being built into the cost of a Season Pass and probably even standard, single day admission and therefore being free to the public (or even just Gold Pass members), is that it might be near impossible to find a locker when you need one. But I would gladly take the risk.

• Like 4