No Loose Articles in the Banshee Station

Young Gunz

How about again, buy a two dollar locker

Or use the car you came with

Or leave it with a non rider

Or not bring it at all

Or only have secured articles on you

This is the policy that the park has decided to enforce. The policy works as demonstrated currently. I wouldn't want to add bins with a ride that has 8 ride ops already scrambling to secure riders to hit dispatch interval and keep things orderly. Could you imagine what would happen with bags as well on this ride? Sheesh. I already am surprised how much 8 ops on platform make things difficult lol.

• Like 5

The people that are saying their is not enough room for bins in Banshee's station are completely out of their mind. We are not talking about cargo bins here people, we are talking about small bins to hold draw sting backpacks. They have plenty of room. And I am a little bit displeased with the price if lockers by Banshee. I bought a locker in opening day to out my on ride photo and t shirt and ended up paying 8 dollars for it. I love Banshee but I do think it is just another ridiculous way for the park to squeeze every last penny from you. I know it is an amusement park but $8 locker rental pushes me over the edge.

Banshee was designed to be a high capacity ride. Having bins in the station to store loose articles would greatly reduce capacity and result in two trains being stacked on the brake run before the station, waiting on the train in the station to dispatch.

• Like 24

I was actually pretty happy with how quickly in and out I was yesterday on the ride.

And to be honest, if something as simple as a 2 dollar locker would keep you from enjoying a world class ride or park, then well maybe you are strung a bit too tight. There are other things to lament about than a locker.....

Things worse than a 2 dollar locker in the world:

War, Hunger, Poverty, Justin Bieber, Chevrolet ignition problems

Things worse than a 2 dollar locker in Kings Island, but not worse than the stuff in the world:

waiting in long lines, not winning a game, winning a big prize at a game, getting wet, being hot, skinning your knee, running out of soap, walking up to a dinosaur in Dinosaurs Alive and just missing its movements, Walking past a dinosaur and it starts moving when you leave, too much cheese on a coney, not enough cheese on a coney, etc etc etc

• Like 6

I'm sure cups are paid for with the first purchase..... I'm guessing a full souvenir cup costs about a dollar and a throw away cup costs about 15-20 cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd guess much lower than that for both.

• Like 3

There is nothing I detest more when getting off a coaster than fighting through a crowd of people who are trying to get their crap they put in bins, while I am trying to keep my daughter with me so we can safely exit the ride platform and get in line again. I have seen basketballs go rolling down ride platforms on to ride tracks, drinks spilled on ride platforms, and multiple items left near the exits.

I for one am glad KI eliminated storage bins at Banshee and hope the trend continues. I would prefer ride opps to be solely focused on ride safety and operation than making sure they have opened and locked the correct bins and that little Jimmy got the right pair of flip flops.

If the no bin policy were solely about money then KI would provide all prize basketballs deflated and have an air machine located outside the park that charged Nickles, Quarters or more to inflate said prize basketball.

Edited by RailRider
  • Like 7

I'm fine with the no loose article policy; however, something needs to be done about all the flip flops being stored on the unload side of the station. Like some have said in this topic, there's a lot of space to build some sort of storage bin for flip flops and keep it all organized.

• Like 2

Leaving my phone in the car does likewise. It also keeps me in the park longer, as work would have second thoughts before calling me.

Work always calls me when I'm in the park! I feel less bad about it if my phone is locked away where I can't answer it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I'm not a big fan of flip flops anyway, but I can't see wearing them to a park. You never know what's going to happen.

I'm one that wishes more rides would eliminate the 'store your whole house with us" bins. If you have the money to win a basketball, then you have the change to get a locker.

It's great to be able to zoom in first thing at the park and get on Banshee in a reasonable amount of time.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Well, I have been convinced. After weeks of observation I would have to agree that the no bin policy has made for awesome ride capacity at Banshee combined, of course, with the awesome staff. Still will not buy a sport quart because of it but I get it that they will continue to sell such quarts whether I buy one or not. ( The wrist band deal kind of makes up for it.) At any rate, does anyone have a crow for me to eat?

• Like 10

I care about people too and I either tell them to leave their stuff in their car or a locker. I tell them if they can't afford a $2 locker here and there then maybe they shouldn't visit the park if they have to have things with them.

I didn't state that Kings Island was Holiday World. If you read what I wrote, I was saying that I've not heard of a park that offers lockers free and that even Holiday World (a park known for free things) does charge for lockers.

Remind me to have you carry our stuff around at Kennywood, Conneaut Lake, Waldemeer & Canada's Wonderland in a few weeks! :lol:

(Just kidding... now that GatorGirl's grown more we carry a lot less stuff than we used to!) ;)

Things worse than a 2 dollar locker in Kings Island, but not worse than the stuff in the world:

...too much cheese on a coney..., etc etc etc

There's no such thing as too much cheese on a coney!

• Like 6

Well, I have been convinced. After weeks of observation I would have to agree that the no bin policy has made for awesome ride capacity at Banshee combined, of course, with the awesome staff. Still will not buy a sport quart because of it but I get it that they will continue to sell such quarts whether I buy one or not. ( The wrist band deal kind of makes up for it.) At any rate, does anyone have a crow for me to eat?

KI would do well to sell big pocketed King George from Blackadder pants.

(In fact, one of the most comfortable pairs of shorty shorts I own came from KI.)

I care about people too and I either tell them to leave their stuff in their car or a locker. I tell them if they can't afford a $2 locker here and there then maybe they shouldn't visit the park if they have to have things with them.

I didn't state that Kings Island was Holiday World. If you read what I wrote, I was saying that I've not heard of a park that offers lockers free and that even Holiday World (a park known for free things) does charge for lockers.

Remind me to have you carry our stuff around at Kennywood, Conneaut Lake, Waldemeer & Canada's Wonderland in a few weeks! :lol:

(Just kidding... now that GatorGirl's grown more we carry a lot less stuff than we used to!) ;)

Who are ya kidding, GatorGirl is carrying all of our stuff :D

• Like 1

I don't know what they were doing different yesterday (because I didn't ride), but the line was longer than it has been on days with similar crowds, and during the several minutes I was watching, they had two trains stacked behind the station, not sending a new one out until 10-20 seconds (at least) after the previous train made it back. I was quite surprised.

From experience, fry the crow before eating it. It just tastes a little better.

• Like 4

Being silly for a moment - will those lockers by Banshee be able to fit my walker and/or cane?

I assume there is space for a walker or motorized cart to be parked while the disabled person rides.

That would be me!

Just askin'.

Being silly for a moment - will those lockers by Banshee be able to fit my walker and/or cane?

I assume there is space for a walker or motorized cart to be parked while the disabled person rides.

That would be me!

Just askin'.

Not silly at all. I have a friend that uses a cane and the ride staff take her cane while she rides.

• Like 2

Here's how I handle the locker situation. I bring into the park only two things: my wallet and my phone. These go into the zipper pocket in my cargo shorts (or cargo pants if it's chilly). I also have small travel sized tubes for sunblock, which go in the velcro pocket on the other side (so that if there is a spill, it only gets on my pants and not my wallet or phone). I can see no reason why much else would be needed. I drink free water in the park so I don't have to carry my souvenir cup. Food must either be purchased inside the park or consumed outside of the park, so that isn't a concern either. I'm also an early-twenties, recent college grad who typically goes solo to Kings Island and doesn't have a family to worry about. For a family with small children, I can see the need to have a whole bunch of stuff. But honestly, if you are there in a group comprised entirely of responsible adults, I see no reason that anyone should need more things than can fit in a pocket.

• Like 2

Since Banshee line flies with the no loose articles policy, I wish KI would implement this on all of their rides. Heck with the volume of "carry-ons" it sometimes feels like I'm walking through the airport when I'm walking in a crowd. I believe that even a couple of times at some parks I've seen folks pulling small rolling luggage behind them....please....if they need all that, what the heck are they doing in an amusement park? It's understandable that some folks would need "extras" that are not sold in parks, but if it cannot be carried in a storable bag, then it's too much stuff!

• Like 6