No Loose Articles in the Banshee Station

Young Gunz

Being silly for a moment - will those lockers by Banshee be able to fit my walker and/or cane?

I assume there is space for a walker or motorized cart to be parked while the disabled person rides.

That would be me!

Just askin'.

Exceptions to the no loose article rule is made for such a thing. If you NEED a cane or walker, you NEED it.

• Like 1

I was surprised to hear the guy on the bullhorn next to Banshee's queue say that fanny packs weren't allowed. I would have thought that would have been secure enough. With that said, the park seems to be doing good job of letting people know before they get in line what they are and aren't allowed to have.

• Like 4

It's hard for me to watch heavier riders insisting on ride ops squishing them into chairs.

The Racer is from another time, and it's difficult to fit certain builds into the trains.

I don't know why I'm seeing it more than I used to, maybe I've been oblivious, but to have a rider tell a ride op to use their knee to force the bar down is hard for me to watch. To be honest, I worry more for the ride op, if something happened.

I can see something added around the waist of some riders would be difficult in that situation, where inches count.

• Like 2

I was quite nervous for a ride op who was leaning across the train using nearly her entire body weight to get a bar down last time I visited. If she lost her balance at all, it was entirely possible for her to fall in front of that car onto the track.

It can't be great for the functionality of the rider or the restraints, either, to put that much stress on the lap bars. I know no one wants to be embarrassed, but there are a lot worse things in the world than not being able to ride a coaster.

• Like 2

With that said, the park seems to be doing good job of letting people know before they get in line what they are and aren't allowed to have.

And yet I still see people trying to get in line with backpacks and then consequently getting mad when they are told they need a locker. This effects me because of the cluster **** it can cause at the line entrance not allowing those who know the rules to proceed.

Do these people walk around with blinders and earplugs?

Heck....it's even clearly displayed at the front gate on large LCD's before you even get in the park.

• Like 6

I witnessed an older lady (mid-60s?) absolutely giving the park employee hell when told that she couldn't take a purse in line. It was embarrassing and I felt bad for the young lady receiving it. People need to learn to go around these people instead of just standing there, waiting for the issue to be resolved.

• Like 3

It's hard for me to watch heavier riders insisting on ride ops squishing them into chairs.

The Racer is from another time, and it's difficult to fit certain builds into the trains.

I don't know why I'm seeing it more than I used to, maybe I've been oblivious, but to have a rider tell a ride op to use their knee to force the bar down is hard for me to watch. To be honest, I worry more for the ride op, if something happened.

I can see something added around the waist of some riders would be difficult in that situation, where inches count.

This happened my last visit on (I think) FoF. At one point there were 3 ride ops trying to lock the lap bar in place for this guy, and after about a minute it finally locked in. That's putting a lot of faith into something that you're testing to its absolute limit, IMO.

• Like 1

Regarding the Fluffy Friendly portion of this post, Im a Fluffy Guy (5'11", 305) and Im sure people already know this, but In Banshee, Rows 4 and 5 are what I refer to as the "Fluffy Lines" :) The Seat belts are just a little bit longer to accomidate guests such as myself. I truly appreciate that. Drop Towers belts used to be a lot longer than they are now. I was sad to see the last remaining Orange belts leave because I cant fit the new red belts..

• Like 2

The one thing I have an issue with is if someone is not riding and is going to hold a bag for another they still won't let them in line to wait with the other person. I saw this for myself the last day I went . This family wanted to ride Banshee and they had those sports quarts with them and they were going to have there son hold on to them while they rode. There son was too small to ride so he was going to wait in line with them then just walk a crossed and hold there drinks. They still would not allow it. The kid was to small to ride anyway. They still had to get a locker. I think they just walked away without riding. I don't blame the family for walking away in this case. If someone is not riding and holding on to there families stuff they have to wait on the midway. I think that is going overboard.

The one thing I have an issue with is if someone is not riding and is going to hold a bag for another they still won't let them in line to wait with the other person. I saw this for myself the last day I went . This family wanted to ride Banshee and they had those sports quarts with them and they were going to have there son hold on to them while they rode. There son was too small to ride so he was going to wait in line with them then just walk a crossed and hold there drinks. They still would not allow it. The kid was to small to ride anyway. They still had to get a locker. I think they just walked away without riding. I don't blame the family for walking away in this case. If someone is not riding and holding on to there families stuff they have to wait on the midway. I think that is going overboard.

Non-riders shouldn't be in the line. Maybe I should add that to the Pet Peeves thread..

Non-riders shouldn't be in the line. Maybe I should add that to the Pet Peeves thread..

So if a pregnant mom visits the park with her thrill-seeking 6-year-old son, the kiddo shouldn't be allowed to ride anything? A kid that age is too young to wait in line by himself, but Mom can't ride anything.

There is nothing wrong with Mom standing in line with him even if she can't ride. So there are good reasons why non-riders need to be permitted in line.

• Like 6

My wife doesn't enjoy most rides, but likes coming to the park because she likes to see me happy. She waits with me in line for most of the rides so I have someone to talk to while waiting. Plus, she likes to watch the reactions of people. I really don't see a problem with it as long as she doesn't hold up operations. She usually does it on the rides with a longer wait, and when she can exit the station easily. Usually the rides she waits in line with me end up being The Beast, Banshee, and Diamondback.

• Like 4

They must have changed their rule on this since the start of the season because I was allowed to have my daughter hold my bag for me while my husband and I rode on Mother's Day. I did get stopped at the entrance when they spotted my bag, but when I told them she wasn't riding and would hold it they said that was fine and let us through.

I am surprised however I'm not that they don't allow that policy. I'm sure someone has said that, lied, and carried the object or had it stored on the station to cause that rule to change. However I'll take a bag and wait at the exit for those riding. I'd love to be able to swap out and ride after waiting with said objects but I know that'll never happen.

• 10 months later...

New rule for Banshee, re flip flops: They must now ride with you-either you have to sit on them or wear them.  ( I thought but I am not sure that they said you could hold them while riding-I doubt this but will clarify next time at park. )  At any rate you cannot leave them at the station any more.

• Like 4

They were when I was there today. When my train came back they were flip flops under me. And Kings Island is going to have a huge law suit if someone would get smacked in the face with a flip flop they made u hold while on the ride. KI's loose article problems on rides is getting out of hand. Almost ever ride I rode in my less than 4 hour visit today someone had a phone out.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

New rule for Banshee, re flip flops: They must now ride with you-either you have to sit on them or wear them.  ( I thought but I am not sure that they said you could hold them while riding-I doubt this but will clarify next time at park. )  At any rate you cannot leave them at the station any more.

This.... Im all for their not being any loose article bins, however when they make you sit on your sandals, which btw I almost did not fit on Banshee because my sandals were very thick(those Nike memory foam ones), or WEAR THEM when your feet are dangling throughout the ride, that just takes it way too far. That Banshee ride was very uncomfortable and I am not afraid to say that it sort of ruined part of my day yesterday. On opening day this year they allowed people to take off their sandals... not now, if I go to the park with sandals, for now on I'm probably not going to ride Banshee.

I see no problem sitting on them.  Your pretty firmly planted in your seat for most of the ride due to the high g forces.  The only points where they may come out are the 2 rolling inversions (the 0g roll and the final roll), but even in the event flip-flops come out,  they won't hit anyone at those points.  

Normally I wear sneakers to the park but today I was wearing what I call my water shoes because I wanted to ride water rides.  My water shoes do not secure to my feet and they are too big to sit on so I folded my feet to keep the shoes secure which was very uncomfortable.  At any rate I guess its back to sneakers. ( Will simply have to get water shoes from car if want to do water rides.)

Also as I stated I thought but I am not sure that the attendant said you could hold the flip flops.  I rather doubt it because of safety concerns, ie shoes accidently hitting someone although that can happen if you are wearing them.

I am glad they are no longer allowing flip flops all over the station. A couple weeks ago I hopped out of my seat and my left foot landed on the edge of one of those thicker pair and I rolled my ankle. It was sore the rest of the day. Plus the station can be an absolute mess up there with pair strewn all over the station. They probably should have some small cubbies that allow for flip flops to be placed only. No other loose articles.

• Like 2