No Loose Articles in the Banshee Station

Young Gunz

I am glad they are no longer allowing flip flops all over the station. A couple weeks ago I hopped out of my seat and my left foot landed on the edge of one of those thicker pair and I rolled my ankle. It was sore the rest of the day. Plus the station can be an absolute mess up there with pair strewn all over the station. They probably should have some small cubbies that allow for flip flops to be placed only. No other loose articles.

That would be a slippery slope in my opinion that the park probably is hesitant to go down especially since they pride themselves on the high capacity of the ride and that would take down the capacity numbers.

• Like 3

When looking down into a Rotor, the operating ride looked very much like a spinning top loader washer. At most parks, if a rider tossed his or her cookies, the ride continued as the riders were rinsed, Maytag style, with a handy garden hose. No other cleanup was then performed.

Times were very different.

Never rode a Rotor, but I think it is similar to a Gravitron ride. It sounds like fun getting "rinsed".
  • Like 2

When looking down into a Rotor, the operating ride looked very much like a spinning top loader washer. At most parks, if a rider tossed his or her cookies, the ride continued as the riders were rinsed, Maytag style, with a handy garden hose. No other cleanup was then performed.

Times were very different.

Never rode a Rotor, but I think it is similar to a Gravitron ride. It sounds like fun getting "rinsed".

Nowadays parks wouldn't be able to "rinse" like that, because too many people would be carrying cell phones, iPods, or other devices that could be ruined by the water. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Riders are being told today that flip flops (but nothing else) can remain in the station.

This is great news! I sounded a little bit upset yesterday about the whole ordeal(sorry guys  :mellow: ) but I am glad they are at least letting you take your flip flops off in the station., now I (hopefully) dont have to sit on them anymore.

• Like 1

I don't understand why people wear flip flops to an amusement park anyway. My feet would be killing me, you can walk up to 10 miles plus in a day at a park. I wouldn't want to walk 10 miles in flip flops.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I don't understand why people wear flip flops to an amusement park anyway. My feet would be killing me, you can walk up to 10 miles plus in a day at a park. I wouldn't want to walk 10 miles in flip flops.

I only wore my flip flops on Saturday because I was going to Soak City and wanted to be able to walk around on the blazing hot concrete without burning my feet a bit. 

• Like 2

I don't understand why anyone wears them at all.

Faerie wench, who hates flip flops

• Like 3

I sometimes ( but not often) wear my water shoes ( which are like flip flops since they are not secured to my feet) because they are more water ride friendly than smelly socks and sneakers.  Glad to hear from Malem that flip flops can now be left at the Banshee station again.  Will save me a trip back to the car to change shoes if I want to ride water rides on a hot day.

• Like 1