Opening Day 2014

sikkinixx99

If a new major ride is opening on that day then the new ride will be packed but the rest of the park will be moderate. If there is no new ride then the park will be unreasonably crowded. And if the trend continues then KIC will have a pretty awesome meet up that day. But Banshee will most likely keep it from being as big.

I think you meant if there is no new ride the park will be reasonably uncrowded. One might think so, but in recent years, if the weather cooperates, the park has been very, very busy. Of course, in recent years, the park has been open Saturday but closed to the public on Sunday on opening weekend...

• Like 2

I went on opening day 2011. Both new attractions (WS and DA) were not to open for another month. The weather wasn't even good- cloudy and cool. Yet, the park was PACKED. My friend's dad left early and said he'd come back to pick us up. (I couldn't just leave like that. I had been without the park for months.) Even The Racer's line was spilling out past the basketball game. And Vortex's stretched well past Jukebox Diner. After that experience, I have sworn to myself I will never again go on opening day.

• Like 3

The biggest issue I have with opening days of any park is that rides and staff aren't to their full potential yet. It is probably that you will experience downtime, maintenance issues, staff still trying to figure out what they're doing...Just be prepared to be patient if you go on opening day, no matter where it is.

• Like 1

I love opening day, crowds and all. I love the excitement of the new season.

Unless there are storms or tremendous amounts of rain in the forecast, I expect the park to be busy. I would almost think it could be the busiest opening day ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Hmm...DB was slammed for riders..but how packed were other rides that day?

Btw things to notice in the picture

1. Lack of grass near off limits area @ Swan Lake looks odd

2. Tower theater is a darker shade of green/blue

3. Tower Clock?

4. Nice dark rails on Vortex

5. Odd seeing Soak City not expanded

6. Flying Ace Aerial Chase w/ different paint, wow

7. No Starlight, wow!

• Like 8

Hmm...DB was slammed for riders..but how packed were other rides that day?

Btw things to notice in the picture

1. Lack of grass near off limits area @ Swan Lake looks odd

2. Tower theater is a darker shade of green/blue

3. Tower Clock?

4. Nice dark rails on Vortex

5. Odd seeing Soak City not expanded

6. Flying Ace Aerial Chase w/ different paint, wow

7. No Starlight, wow!

Don't forget how clear and clean the splashdown pool is! ( I'm surprised Terp didn't mention that.)

• Like 7

In 2011 I remember some rides did not even open until later in the day and lines were very long indeed. Once some of the other rides came online then the park seemed not as busy, missed 2012 and 2013 due to working but remembering that one year it rained. So watch the weather reports and only about 100 days till opening day !!

Sent from my iPhone using Taptalk

• Like 2