A Smurfy new item for my KI collection!

jandyb79

This is a piece I've been hoping to add to my collection for nearly 15 years and I am more than pleased to have finally located one! And I couldn't be more happy that it is my favorite Smurf - Grumpy! The character was used in the Smurfs Enchanted Voyage and at one point had animatronic movement. The arm has a swivel mechanism that allows it to swing up and down. The anchor rings are still attached at the feet and the fiberglass body shows very little cosmetic damage. The original owner explained that this was his fraternitys mascot and that it was well loved even after it vacated it's original home at Kings Island. Enjoy these images :)

photo1-3.jpg

photo4-2.jpg

photo1-4.jpg

photo5-1.jpg

photo3-4.jpg

photo2-4.jpg

photo3-5.jpg

• Like 24

Is the first Smurf to your collection? Do you have any idea what happened to most of the pieces?

To date, I only know of 3 other pieces from this ride that are in collectors hands. However, I would say that there are far more items out there than one might suspect. Here are a few that I have turned up over the last year or so.

ScreenShot2014-01-13at14150AM.png

photo-66.jpg

• Like 9

• 6 months later...

Yeah, these are mine. My wife determined that we simply didn't have room for a Smurf at our home and the Demon artwork doesn't suit the cozy interior of our home either. I really only put The Beastie logo up as a means of verification for the other items - I don't really want to sell it. I would be willing to work out a deal with anyone here for the Demon artwork, however. It is a beautiful piece of artwork!

• Like 4

I could swear I had seen the Demon art on eBay before, before I was on these boards. I love it, but I'm not in a position to buy anything at the moment.

Lucky for you, that, because even at the price you have it, that Beastie logo was greatly tempting me this morning. I'm jealous :)

Smurfs are small, though, how can there not be room!?

• Like 1

It's a Common Misconception for people to call this Smurf Grumpy, When his name is really Grouchy Smurf,Grumpy is a Dwarf in Disney's Snow White. ;) I LOVED The Smurfs as a Kid growing up in the 80's so The Smurfs Enchanted Voyage was my FAVORITE ride back in the Day. That's so Awesome. Those of us that grew up in the 80s and 90s had it made without the distractions that are surround us this day and age.

• Like 2

It's a Common Misconception for people to call this Smurf Grumpy, When his name is really Grouchy Smurf,Grumpy is a Dwarf in Disney's Snow White. ;) I LOVED The Smurfs as a Kid growing up in the 80's so The Smurfs Enchanted Voyage was my FAVORITE ride back in the Day. That's so Awesome. Those of us that grew up in the 80s and 90s had it made without the distractions that are surround us this day and age.

Interesting! I didn't give much thought to that but you are definitely correct. My sister was a fan of the Smurfs. I probably enjoyed the ride more than I did the show, truth be told ;) My favorite Saturday morning cartoon was Alvin and the Chipmunks!

• Like 2