Freestyle Article & Rides Up For Sale

Found this interesting article about whomever owns the park hiring someone to come in and get various rides functional. http://themeparkuniversity.com/backstage-access/firing-maximum-rpm-potential-buyers/

Also, at least all of the coasters are up for sale as of now. http://www.italintl.com/category.php?category=Roller%20Coasters

• Like 4

Many people are head on for B&M and would accept no less, while I, on the other hand, would like any coaster at my park, but preferably a Vekoma, Premier, or anything not Intamin. Not surprised though that it is on the list, parks like B&M of course, but I would imagine, a new one at that.

Location, location, location.

And VERY poor marketing and pricing.

The Worst part about all of this was tearing down the Myrtle Beach Pavilion at the same time the market tanked. That piece of land is still an empty grass covered lot, in Myrtle Beach proper, right on the strip.

I agree on bad location. Too far inland. The only stuff nearby is outlet malls. Further East, towards the beach and we probably wouldn't be discussing this.

• Like 6

Before Kentucky Kingdom announced their new coaster I had read that they was going to buy that B&M Time Machine. I think my fave park should buy it and place it behind Banshee!!

I would love it if either park bought it. Rode it both as Led Zeppelin & The Time Machine. Great coaster & the fact that it blares music isn't bad either. Liked it better as the Time Machine with more modern music!

• Like 3

HRP (FMP) is an industry case for how not to open a new park. Ignore local expertise, bare bones marketing, poor capital planning after the initial investment, poor admissions strategy, and no location study.

I wish this park would have succeeded, but it was doomed from the stat. Only wish the folks at the New Kentucky Kingdom would have reviewed the well publicized failure of this park when developing their plan to reopen. Then again the only folks that truly have skin in the game are the tax payers of the commonwealth. Such a blatant case study on failures within the industry and it has completely been ignored. I have never figured out if the powers that be at HRP and NKK opted not to consult local and industry experts out of shear arrogance or stupidity?

• Like 2