Addition of Banshee to Fast Lane Lineup?

BloodBlade21

KI already has an amazing lineup for Fast Lane and Fast Lane plus but the addition of Banshee seems to throw a monkey wrench into Fast Lane. How will Banshee affect the current lineup for Fast Lane? When Gatekeeper was added it became part of CP's Fast Lane Plus lineup. Will Banshee also join the Fast Lane Plus lineup at KI in addition to Firehawk and Beast?

• Like 2

If you went by popularity and newest ride then Diamondback shoud be Plus. If they make Banshee then I also want to see Diamondback too. Right now only reason I get Plus is for The Beast. If they made Diamondband and Banshee too, you would see alot more Plus.

The goal isn't to see a lot more. It's to offer a worthwhile experience while both maximizing revenue and minimizing inconvenience to the standby guests.

• Like 4

I highly doubt they would add DB to the plus along with Banshee. I believe this would be asking to much and would hurt profits on both Fast Lane and Fast Lane Plus, many would opt for neither in this case. I would like to see Banshee added because I only 'plan' on buying Fast Lane on the Fourth of July and would just Plus it if Banshee is added. On other days I want anyone strolling up to Banshee in front of me to be paying extra for it! ;)

Right now alot of people don't get The Plus. Its very likely they wont change it, because of that reason. KI might be afraid to mess with overall Fast Lane sales. Yes they might sell more Plus, but may turn off alot of people on the whole thing. I would think the guaranteed money maker would be to make Banshee Fast Lane.

Hasn't plus always traditionally been only two extra attractions? Of course you can assume Banshee will be one but which is the other?

Agreed. All the Cedar Fair parks I've seen that offer Plus only include two extra attractions. What to remove then for Banshee......? It makes sense that Firehawk and Beast are on Plus. Firehawk, IMO, seems to have a low capacity since the line moves so slow and Beast is the face of KI.

I agree with the plus, it'd make more sense to me. Enough people already will get the regular FL, then everyone with a FL gets to go on it easily, however put it on FL+...well now people have to pay to upgrade to skip the line on the new attraction. Look at Gatekeeper, it got FL+, made sense.

Firehawk is a good keeper for +, that line is long at anytime with a good bit of people, that's worth it. Beast, yeah it makes sense too that's a part staple. DB I think should be + too, but that's just my opinion

• Like 1

I bet the other ride(s) would be The Beast or Firehawk maybe Flight of Fear. Flight of Fear and Firehawk makes sence because they are low capacity popular attractions. Diamondback doesn't make sense to me because it has such a high capacity that the number of people between regular and plus doesn't make much of a difference for the the general guest that doesn't have Fast Lane, but on a lower capacity attraction that can make a difference. And I assume that the goal of fastlane plus would be to lower the amount of guests using fastlane on new or low capacity attractions, and making additional money.

I agree with the plus, it'd make more sense to me. Enough people already will get the regular FL, then everyone with a FL gets to go on it easily, however put it on FL+...well now people have to pay to upgrade to skip the line on the new attraction. Look at Gatekeeper, it got FL+, made sense.

Firehawk is a good keeper for +, that line is long at anytime with a good bit of people, that's worth it. Beast, yeah it makes sense too that's a part staple. DB I think should be + too, but that's just my opinion

It would be great to have Firehawk, Beast and Banshee on Plus but would Cedar Fair move away from the two attraction bonus that it currently uses for Plus? I think DB should stay on regular since it is high capacity and the park needs to leave some amazing rides on regular.

• Like 1

I bet the other ride(s) would be The Beast or Firehawk maybe Flight of Fear. Flight of Fear and Firehawk make sence because they are low capacity popular attractions. Diamondback doesn't make sense to me because it has such a high capacity that the number of people between regular and plus doesn't make much of a difference for the the general guest that doesn't have Fast Lane, but on a lower capacity attraction that can make a difference. And I assume that the goal of fastlane plus would be to lower the amount of guests using fastlane on new or low capacity attractions, and making additional money.

Please remember Kings Island's attractions are trademarked, with most of them registered. All should be capitalized, especially on this board.

• Like 4

^ It makes sense logically but I just couldn't deal with it if they demoted Beast from it's status as a Plus attraction. Beast, IMO, is the face of KI and a ride so steeped in history that I can't bear to see it lose stature to Banshee. Even though Banshee will be amazing, Beast still holds a special place in my heart.

Fastlane plus exists, it is here, it ain't going anywhere. I strong believe that Banshee will be a part of the plus category.

It is what the general public expects aswell, they would expect for the new ride to be in the most premium sub-catogory.

Why not have three extra on plus? As terp has said many times, " you haven't seen nothing yet."

• Like 2

Please remember Kings Island's attractions are trademarked, with most of them registered. All should be capitalized, especially on this board.

I wish there was a "Dislike" button. Nobody likes the grammar police when it comes to ride names being capitalized on a fan site message board.

• Like 2