The Beast

jlopez

I would imagine that the park plans on updating The Beast FACTS and such in the station - I think those are five years old (correct me if I'm wrong). Other than that, there really isn't that much of a need for new paint (since the attempted theming is of a rustic/western kind). Fog would be cool, wherever they would put it. It should look pretty cool.

Yes, The Beast facts in the station are in deed five years old. They were placed there back in 1999, when The Beast celebrated its 25th anniversary. I highly doubt they will add fog as that will increase maintenance on the track, which is why the fog was removed from Adventure Express.

From what I understand and believe, fog and mist/steam are two different things. It's kind of like the difference between a cloud of smoke and cloud of rain. I think the chemical formula for fog doesn't have any water in it (or maybe it has a bit of water, I'm not sure). Mist/steam is pure water and WILL cause rusting. I think that's why fog machines are used at dance clubs. There's no mess to clean up...as for being safe for the environment and economical? I have no idea.

I found the "REPLY" button!! Ok, don't ask...(newbie to this site, still trying to feel my way around)....

Anywhooooo....finally a topic I can add my $.02 worth to. Here's what I would love to see for The Beast:

1. KILL the lites in the tunnels! Ah, but of course, this is a no-brainer.

2. Remove the added brakes and restore this BEAST to its youthful days, where riders tore thru the treetops at breakneck speed and learned the true meaning of white-knuckled rides.

3. Turn it around backwards! Yes...turn that bad boy around ala Racer.

Can you just imagine?!

This is my wishlist for my namesake -- if I think of others, I'll add 'em.

MommaBeast

Thank you for the warm welcome to the board.

Off-topic? I thought the original question was "What do you think they're doing to The Beast?"

Perhaps I should have been clearer in my post. Maybe they're fixing the tunnel/light-age problem. The other stuff was wishlist fluff.

Sorry...

MommaBeast

Haha

Mommabeast, I do believe he meant that his comment was alittle off topic. Your response was about as on topic as they get on here!!

Welcome aboard

Steve

jmceowen...I thought I posted alot! Mwahahahahaah..

I think The Beast is good as is!! Backwards would be a trip tho...even if they only did it with like one train for a few weeks...it would be amazing...and...very painful!!! Haha

Fog would be great to...Fog wouldn't hurt the track at all...There is no H20 in the substance. It would be good. Steam and Mist (like Adventure Express had) would hurt the track.

Thank you for the warm welcome to the board.

Off-topic? I thought the original question was "What do you think they're doing to The Beast?"

Perhaps I should have been clearer in my post. Maybe they're fixing the tunnel/light-age problem. The other stuff was wishlist fluff.

Sorry...

MommaBeast

Greetings MommaBeast,

I have been told that PKI will do something special for The Beast's 25th anniversary. However, I don't know what. Here are some WILD guesses:

1. A birthday cake shared by ACE members and the media (they've done something similar before).

2. A new paint job (not very likely).

3. They may auction the first ride for charity.

Your guesses are as good as mine.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

biggrin.gif

Steve:

I am an idiot! And my newbie greenness is showing so much I feel like an alien!

LOL LOL

NOW I see that HIS reply (welcoming me) was off-topic.

Maybe I should just go to bed now....

Thanks for the welcome!! It *IS* appreciated.

And about that backwards BEAST....painful? NEVER! Haahaaahaaa.....

biggrin.gif

Ooh! I'll get this site down pat, yet!

CoasterRZ: thanks for welcoming me to the site. Didn't want to forget my manners and not acknowledge your kindness.

M & M Productions - again, TY for the welcome. This looks to be a pretty good site---not like some other sites that let just *ANYONE* post and bash at will...haahaaa

MommaBeast

I know I'm new, but for an 'account suspended til November 23, 03,' you sure post alot!

LOL

Haahaaa

Why does that keep popping up, btw? You're obviously posting, so your account is not suspended or inactive.

More FON-cusion, I see. So this is how you weed out the newbies on your board, eh? Hoping we'll just quietly go away so the board remains an exclusive 500-or-more-posts MEMBERS ONLY forum, right? Ala Dana Carvey, "Well...isn't that special?" dry.gif

Just kidding,

MommaBeast

I know I'm new, but for an 'account suspended til November 23, 03,' you sure post alot!

You're obviously posting, so your account is not suspended or inactive.

I mean i understand the newbie thing, but common. Being that my account was suspended until November 23, 2003, means that starting on that date, it was unsuspended.