KI's opening day, April 18th, 2014

Sonofbeast2.0

I'll be there for Media Day (I already requested and was granted April 17th off... tentatively ;) ) and I'll be there opening day too, since I already have that day off due to it being Good Friday.

Plus, that's the first two days of GatorGirl's Spring Break. Mrs. Gator is taking off the 17th, but I'm not sure if she already has the 18th off due to the holiday.

• Like 6

not sure yet. I was planning on going to media day and if that's on the 17th then going to KI on the 18th would mean missing two days of work.... I don't think I get the 18th off of work, I'd have to check the calendar of company holidays. If I don't get it off, I won't be going on opening day this year for the first time in two years.... it all depends when media day is, but even if it's the same week as opening day, I can't do both. I will have vacation time and paid time off and floating holidays but I'd rather save those for other things lol. I'll have to keep that in my mind.... If I can't go on the 18th I will go on the 19th but I'd rather go to media day because it's limited access meaning less wait time for Banshee :)

• Like 5

If I lived closer I'd definitely be there. But since I'm over 4 hours away and we'd have to get a hotel room Friday night, that would mean coming home the day before Easter. That won't happen, especially since we're hosting the family over at our house on Easter and we will need to get things ready. I guess I just have to be patient. I'll get there soon enough. Everyone who goes better take lots of pictures and write awesome trip reports!

• Like 6

I don't get Good Friday off of work... and I have ONE vacation day that I can use at that point on the year. I have to choose between media day and opening day.

Media day, as I understand it: comparatively small lines for the newest ride in the park. Slow dispatches, but you get to marathon the new ride in the park all day. The new ride is the ONLY open ride in the park, more likely than not.

Opening day: all the rides are open. The new ride has a RIDICULOUSLY long line, but there's still a chance to ride it. Because there's a new coaster opening, the rest of the park may or may not be packed. But then again, the park's opening on a Friday, even though it's a holiday. Who knows how many people will be there?

This is the hardest coaster-related decision I've ever made. This is terrible.

• Like 9

Opening Day, my main issue is that it is a Holy day. I mean sure, I would like to, and I may go to opening day, but really, it's a day that is dedicated to the one who died on the cross on Calvary's Hill.

(BB1, the religious enthusiast)

Hmmmm, meet up being discussed here:

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/28538-kic-opening-day-meet-up-2014-ideas/

• Like 6

Stinky has already informed me of his intentions on Good Friday. He's already getting the KI wallet ready.

Please tell me it is not the animal variety.

BB1, who hates the creature(s).

• Like 2

What time does everyone usually get there opening day?

Usually, the line at the south tolls starts backing up onto Kings Island Drive at about 8:20 am, and they open the parking lot at 8:30 am. But usually, there isn't a brand-spanking-new headline attraction opening. I've heard stories about traffic being backed up onto I-71 in both directions by 6:00 am on Diamondback's opening day. Plus they're opening on a Friday instead of the Saturday, so we have no clue what the hours could be. They might not open until afternoon or early evening, for all we know.

Bottom line, wait until they announce hours for opening day, including both when the park opens and when the parking lot opens, before you start making plans.

• Like 9