KI Throwback Photo of The Day

TheBEASTunchained

7869029662_de7e483470_c.jpg
Four Friends Watching 8/04/12 by KIC-Vortex_BFF, on Flickr

This was taken when I visited KI with three other friends on August 4, 2012. We were watching the now deceased Thunder Alley. The then SBNO Son of Beast wasn't in the picture, but it was still there (demolition didn't start until about a month later, if I remember correctly).

• Like 9

How dare you bring bags into the park?! Don't you know if it can't fit in your pocket you shouldn't bring it in?!

(Just so you know, I'm be facetious)

Is it okay if I take old bags to parks?

I have, you know -- but, they weren't loose articles. :)

-stinky, who's too much a gentleman to reply to those comments in public.

• Like 2

Here is an interesting piece form my collection. This is a KI "Apple Award" as I have been told. Kings Island employees had great incentive to do a great job and for every good recommendation they received on their name, awards were given as recognition for their service. Believe it or not, a car was the top prize for the employee with the most positive marks on their name. This award is comprised of a marble/resin plaque with an engraved mural of the park and the 1981 feature attractions. Enjoy :)

photo4-1-1.jpg

photo1-3-2.jpg

photo2-4-1.jpg

• Like 25

These were a little beat up, but they scanned. This was either the opening year, but no later than the 1973 season. The first picture is my sister, Lambsy and me. There is even a classic tram in the background. The second photo shows that even back in the 70's, I took my driving VERY seriously.

MikeJennyKI.jpg

MikeKIdrivingcar.jpg

• Like 17