KI Throwback Photo of The Day

TheBEASTunchained

6792789279_def4793533_z.jpg
Smurfs by ki_faerie_wench, on Flickr

Me with my cousins.

Off topic, on the far left is Troy, and in another month will be the 3rd year anniversary of his death. Since the weather has begun to become nicer, I am seeing a lot of bold, yet highly stupid, people with a bad case of spring fever on the roads driving like lunatics and it reminded me of Troy. Never drink and drive, and also even if you haven't touched a drop do not allow yourself ride as a passenger of a vehicle driven by a drunk (which is what happened to Troy).

Many of my earliest KI memories involve him and his brothers.

• Like 18

I am so sorry for your loss. I had three friends in 14 months killed due to drinking and driving in three separate accidents. I have seen the devastation it's left the families. I know it has to be hard for you.

Two out of three were sober.

This is Rob's vehicle.

9e5u4ava.jpg

It's so not worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 13

Me with my cousins.

Off topic, on the far left is Troy, and in another month will be the 3rd year anniversary of his death. Since the weather has begun to become nicer, I am seeing a lot of bold, yet highly stupid, people with a bad case of spring fever on the roads driving like lunatics and it reminded me of Troy. Never drink and drive, and also even if you haven't touched a drop do not allow yourself ride as a passenger of a vehicle driven by a drunk (which is what happened to Troy).

Many of my earliest KI memories involve him and his brothers.

One of my best friends and coaster buddies was killed in a car wreck on the 4th of July, 2011. They hit a tree. None of the three young men in the vehicle survived. No alcohol was involved, just teenagers being stupid. I know how that experience feels.

Drive safely, everyone. You aren't invincible, and no matter where you're going, it's better to get there a little more slowly than to get there in a body bag.

• Like 9

I think it was announced in late '84 and was remove in '85.

I think.

Sorry to double post; mobile is giving me a hard time with quoting two posts in one reply.

The Bat last operated in 1983 and, although planned to operate in 1984 (similar to Cedar Point's Wildcat, a crew was even hired to work it), the ride instead sat dormant before being demolished. Unlike Son of Beast though, it didn't sit idle for 3+ years - I'm pretty sure it was fully removed by the end of 1984, pardon the station and random footings we're left with today.

• Like 7

Loving the photos from the Titanic exhibit. I remember being a Titanic-crazed middle schooler and going to that exhibit!! I also remember when they had a Star Trek exhibit (my mom is a huge Trekkie) and they had Klingons walking around I-street. Somewhere, I should have a photo of me with one!

• Like 4

Speaking of the Star Trek exhibit and Klingons on International Street, here's a photo I discovered last month while doing some cleaning:

1836592_717960424904118_1104526915_o.jpg

(Photo copyright © 1993 Paramount Parks Inc. and Paramount Pictures Corporation.)

The woman in the middle is my mother (now do you see who I learned to wear a fanny pack from? :P), and I'm the kid standing in front of her. I would have been about six years old when this was taken.

To clarify here, my mother was (and still is) the Star Trek fan. I have never been interested in Trek.

EDIT: Can anyone on here identify the building in the background on the right side of the picture? It looks familiar, but I can't figure out exactly what it is.

• Like 17

EDIT: Can anyone on here identify the building in the background on the right side of the picture? It looks familiar, but I can't figure out exactly what it is.

It looks like it could be the Grand Carousel, or the Dodgems. Those are my best guesses though.

Edit: 1. I somehow messed up the quote, and 2. I'm not even sure where the Star Trek thing was (I wasn't born for another 4 year's after this was taken) so, I could be WAY off.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Here's a pic from 2004 (I think? *See EDIT*):

Face Off retro pic
Fun Fact: This was my first ever profile picture on Facebook.
EDIT: I'm not actually sure when the picture was taken, because the picture's file says 2008, but I'm pretty sure it's before that as this picture was taken with a disposable camera and scanned into the computer. I think it's at least from some part of the Paramount years.
  • Like 8