KI Throwback Photo of The Day

TheBEASTunchained

Nickelodeon Mega Mess-a-Mania, August 1995
2312_572019202147_8859_n.jpg
My brother was picked as a contestant on stage (he's wearing the goggles with right hand on head to the left of the ladder).

2312_572019207137_9288_n.jpg
My friends' brother, Kyle, was picked to control the splash tower.

2312_572019212127_9707_n.jpg
Emergency Green Slime Shower Pit. Two people under the A/B showers would push or someone would pull the lever between the showers, one of the two would get "slimed." My brother is in the white shirt with hands on his hips, my friend Kyle on the left, and me getting "slimed." Don't know the other two kids.

• Like 18

• 2 weeks later...

Nice pictures! However, I think you may have your date slightly off: Nickelodeon Splat City didn't open until the following year, 1995.

Good catch, busted! I could have sworn the dates written on these pictures were August 1994, but this collection of pictures are 900 miles away in my storage unit to double check. That makes sense though, I believe my friends moved out of town in the summer of '94 and probably came back to visit in '95. I'll edit the change ;)

• Like 3

I never got to ride King Cobra. Always wanted to, but, having been born in 1984 and always been on the small side, the ride was closed and removed before I was ever tall enough to ride it.

• Like 1

Only got to ride Cobra once. It was at a point where the padding on the shoulder restraints were getting hard. Tanna (wife on here) (actually, wife everywhere, goes by Tanna on here) got her head slammed to the side, and broke her nose. Luckily, she popped it back in place, only experienced some dizziness & headache afterwards.

• Like 5

Kings Island on Facebook :

"Thirty years ago America's first stand-up roller coaster, "King Cobra," was the new attraction for 1984 at Kings Island everyone was talking about."

2ltiz5s.jpg

Photo : Don Helbig / Kings Island via Facebook

The image would make you wonder how the train had enough momentum to make it through the loop !

• Like 4

I waited with my mom for an hour to ride King Cobra when i was a kid, only to have them tell me i was just barely not tall enough to ride it. I never got a chance to ride it after that before it closed :-(

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Kings Island on Facebook :

"Thirty years ago America's first stand-up roller coaster, "King Cobra," was the new attraction for 1984 at Kings Island everyone was talking about."

2ltiz5s.jpg

Photo : Don Helbig / Kings Island via Facebook

The image would make you wonder how the train had enough momentum to make it through the loop !

Like seriously, was it Launched?

• 2 weeks later...

With college being done and a week before I move to Virginia, I have more time on my hands than I know what to do with. I got bored and started going through some old things. I found some old (1990s) pictures of me at Kings Island. I believe one may be my first time ever at Kings Island.

Enjoy:

10268417_739560356065541_753141862135156

10246311_739560326065544_784383530176665

10337731_739560369398873_578402538743182

10325612_739560379398872_270761382720411

• Like 15

I know this isn't a throwback photo but......

The throwback "video" of the day......

I remember watching this video for the first time.... It was sad, but I knew, deep down, that the park had something worthy to replace this badly behaved child......

...I guess deep down, I was right, because she sure has behaved a WHOLE lot better than that beastly wooden offspring ever did.

• Like 5