KI Throwback Photo of The Day

TheBEASTunchained

Well I think I have a good one here at least to me. We believe the picture to be from 92 and it was in one of those keychain photo things. a3aba1de1844d9e8005d3e6b2676479a.jpg

I managed to get a decent picture using my phone and lining it up with the hole you look through to see the photo. 656e8d328854b3be8cadf91733c17b5a.jpg

It looked like this and with some basic editing it came out as such. 46fab26d87c5180876d676ec8ce59e7e.jpg

I am the little ginger kid in the font. My brother is next to me and then my two cousins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 18

• 2 months later...

Well, obviously this isn't a photo, it's a video, but after seeing it, I thought it was pretty neat and that I should share it here....

Sean Flaharty posted this video to YouTube a few days back it looks like, and I watched it last night.

The WCMH news crew visiting Kings Island during the debut season of Adventure Express!

Check out the effects throughout the duration of the ride......Anybody remember those??.....(Watching this made me miss them more)

• Like 9

So going back to the prior page (and several months ago), I thought it interesting that in 1981, KI had a couple of rides with sponser's names on them, as well as a "Cincinnati Dugout" which would seem to be in the location where the Rivertown LaRosa's is today; something old is new again.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

5509657764_def31c53bd_z.jpg

Witchs' Cauldrons by ki_faerie_wench, on Flickr

I am in my dad's lap and we are joined by my grandma (from my mom's side)

Only ride I ever got sick on. Thank God I made it to the bathroom first. Don't think I've ridden too many spin type rides since and I was probably only 11 or 12 at the time. Awesome thread by the way.

• Like 5

Is this what was on that elevated concrete circle that is in coney mall near Dinosaurs Alive entrance? If not, what used to be there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No this was over by the Scooby Doo/ Beastie  roller coaster in the kids section. Concrete circle? Not sure. Maybe the 180 degree theater that used to be there. Haven't been to the park in a long time so I'm guessing.

I think user chuck norris is referring to the old Flight Commander pad (where the Dinos Alive parties used to be held). Flight Commander was a ride on a tower that spun around and had vehicles that one could spin upside-down if they so desired. It closed in 1995. Fun Fact: Drop Zone (now Drop Tower) was originally slated to fill this spot, but I think either Canada's Wonderland or Carowinds got our proposed version, and we got a different model of drop ride in the lovely Drop Zone: Stunt Tower (now called Drop Tower) in its current Action Zone.  B)

• Like 3