KICentral And Coaster Crew To Partner In 2014

I have been super busy this week and have not been actively on the form and I missed this! Do you just need to have a KIC username by 1/24/14 and can still participate in media day if I order the subscription to CC now? Or did I have to pay my subscription to CC by yesterday? I would love to attend media day (being that my schedule permits), but I understand if it's too late to sign up. If anyone can clear this up for me, I would really appreciate it!

I have been super busy this week and have not been actively on the form and I missed this! Do you just need to have a KIC username by 1/24/14 and can still participate in media day if I order the subscription to CC now? Or did I have to pay my subscription to CC by yesterday? I would love to attend media day (being that my schedule permits), but I understand if it's too late to sign up. If anyone can clear this up for me, I would really appreciate it!

1/24 (yesterday) was the deadline for payment to get the special price of $9.00 for a one-year membership. It's not too late to get in on media day; you'll just have to pay full price for a club membership if you don't already have one. Just join Coaster Crew or any other club listed on this page and RSVP to media day on that page.

^ To participate with Coaster Crew, you had to join by yesterday to be considered a member for Media Day. Ryan previously stated that existing KIC members could join Coaster Crew after that deadline and remain eligible, though the fee has now gone up. (It's now too late for anyone who wasn't an active KIC member before the deadline.)

I don't know what the deadline is for other coaster clubs. To see if you can sign up and be eligible, you would need to contact the club that you are interested in.

I believe as long as you join any approved club in time to receive the membership card before media day and have the card in your hands when you arrive, you're fine. I'm pretty sure the requirement of having a KIC username before yesterday was only required to get the now-expired $9 price for CC. Right now, you can sign up for Coaster Crew through their regular sign-up page for the same price ($10 for a one-year membership + $5 for a lanyard) without needing to be a KIC member at all.

^ Meeting the Friday deadline to have a KIC username was required to be eligible for Media Day.

The $9 price is no longer available, whether you had a KIC username before the deadline or not. The current price is $15.

If you join Coaster Crew through the regular sign-up page after January 24, 2014, it's my understanding that you are not eligible for Media Day.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Yes. To attend media day, you have to

1. Be a part of a coaster enthusiast club, and

2. Register within the registration period.

The registration period has passed, so no one can register to join the event. More than likely, a registration timeframe is done so that Kings Island can have an accurate head count for how much food to make during meal(s), etc.

• Like 1

Yes. To attend media day, you have to

1. Be a part of a coaster enthusiast club, and

2. Register within the registration period.

The registration period has passed, so no one can register to join the event. More than likely, a registration timeframe is done so that Kings Island can have an accurate head count for how much food to make during meal(s), etc.

That's what I thought. But what threw me off was the beginning post in this thread in bold:

" Per Kings Island - You must have registered a KICentral username by Friday 1-24-14 in order to participate in this offer and attend media day."

Technically, it's not per Kings Island. You just have to register on ki website (though expired), and be a part of an enthusiast group. So having a ki central username isn't technically required to attend media day as apart of the cc and kic says it to be. Because after registering on ki website you get this message.

dy6y3ahu.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk