Coaster Crew and Media day

coasterboysfne

I am very excited that the parks in Ohio have decided to include us in these days. It makes sense since we have the most compassion and love these airtime machines! When the media is filming us it shows how good the ride is as opposed to GP that might have mixed feelings or get sick easily. I am ready for April!!!!

So.... Who is going?!?!

• Like 12

If I can convince my parents to let me skip school...Which means that we'd also probably get to go for opening day...But then I'd also have to convince them that we'd still be able to set up and get things ready for Easter dinner at our house in time for Sunday...

It would all be worth it. I hope I can go!

• Like 9

Help clean earlier in the week. I have friends that host a large dinner at Thanksgiving. We clean and set up stuff the weekend before. Of course that does not help with shopping and cooking (some of which can be done early as well).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

"Mom, I'm growing up really fast, and soon I will be going off to college. We won't be able to spend a lot of time together like we do now. We need to do this while we still have the chance to do it."

Worked like a charm for me back then. You should try it.

• Like 9

In 19 years of formal education, I never missed a day. In retrospect, that may have been foolish. To me, the test is, ten years from now, which will have contributed to my life and even my education more?

Given what you say you want to do, IF you are serious, that, to me, is an easy answer. Media Days are about far, far more than riding coasters. At least they can be, if you let them be and want them to be.

Oh, the people I have met, the things I have learned, the experiences I have had.

Or a day in school?

Were I your Dad or Mom, I'd know you, your capabilities, your seriousness--or lack thereof. Just by reading your posts here, I know a lot.

Only you and your parents can decide what's best for you. And that's as it should be.

• Like 9

I've never attended a media day before and I'm really considering going to this one. Just a question though. I noticed that it starts at 5:30 am or something like that, is it required that you arrive at that time or can you come later in the morning? I work that day, but might be able to get a half day or something. Any info would be much appreciated!

• Like 2

Guest KingsIslandPR

Hopefully we're not getting into a situation where people are registering for a user name on KIC and then joining Coaster Crew for the sole purpose of attending Media Day. Respect the opportunity rather than take advantage of it.

• Like 27

Those Don are very powerful yet true words. I would hope that the enthusiast community would have more respect than that, and that outsiders would not hear about the opportunity and just abuse it and ruin future media days for all of us.

I know some will see this is my first post here and think that I am one of those, but I am not. I have been a member of KIC for awhile now but have been a member of GOCC and ACE for years. So I am not someone who just registered for Media Day.

• Like 7

Hopefully we're not getting into a situation where people are registering for a user name on KIC and then joining Coaster Crew for the sole purpose of attending Media Day. Respect the opportunity rather than take advantage of it.

I'm glad you addressed that, because that is the very situation I was worried about.

I'd like to think that people wouldn't do that but unfortunately they probably will.

Is there going to be a cut off for any of this or a way to keep this type of situation from happening?

The only thing keeping me from being all in is that I'm in a Spring Sport. But it looks like now that It's over at 2 I can make it back in time to make the match.

Usually there are guidelines to be eligible for an athletic competition...I'm not sure if it's set by the state or by each school though. I personally had to be in school for four of my seven classes in order to be eligible to compete

• Like 2

So let me get this straight, I haven't been on lately and just noticed the Coaster Crew section. So KIC partnered With Coaster Crew, I read on the main page of KIC all members on KIC get a discounted membership with coaster crew. So does that mean I would get a discounted membership with coaster crew? If so how much would it be?

-Conductor

I'm glad you addressed that, because that is the very situation I was worried about.

I'd like to think that people wouldn't do that but unfortunately they probably will.

Is there going to be a cut off for any of this or a way to keep this type of situation from happening?

Personally I enjoyed the small crowd that attended Diamondback's.

• Like 1