Kings Island The Next Cedar Point

Adventuro

As others say of Cedar Fair.

Kings Island?

Dorney Park?

Worlds of Fun?

Valleyfair?

It is worth noting that all of those parks existed before Cedar Fair Entertainment Company had anything to do with them.

In fact, has Cedar Fair ever opened a brand new park?

I may be wrong, but I believe almost all of the Six Flags parks that were owned by Six Flags from their inception have their location in their name.

At one time, KI had the necessary property for resorts (and even had one). First, Mr. Carl Lindner kept much of it. Then, Paramount Parks sold the GWL land, retaining an interest, which Cedar Fair did not purchase.

That fact is ultimately makes me sad. I loved the idea that KI owned all of that land and the potential. Now I feel that some of that future potential is gone.

I think that CP has a handful of good rides but isn't the mecca that some like to claim it is. That's why I only go every few years. I found Gatekeeper to be extremely disappointing, by the way. I was far more interested in its restraints than the ride itself. That was just because Banshee is having the same restraints.

I do, however, agree that the lake and the beach and whatnot do give it a special charm.

The lake is what I enjoyed most about CP. When I was at CP it was nice but to me no different than any other amusement park. The lake made it stand out from the rest.

• Like 5

I would have sooner, but spent the past two days with the gf...Even got her to race 40mph go karts :) fun times hehe. Anyways...CP is CP, let KI be KI..

Only things that I feel should be the same are season passes, policies/procedures, and the same FUN atmosphere..Everything else, keep them separate. The day Cincinnati Chili hits CP or fried cheese on a stick hits KI...done..Each park has their own perks, and each has a way thrills connect

• Like 8

Cedar Fair has never built a park. Taft did.

And Six Flags does not wholly own SFOG or SFOT. Go figure.

Also, the Cedar Fair name comes from the first two parks. Valleyfair is in Shakopee, Minnesota.

Correct me if I am wrong:

Valleyfair was purchased in it's second year of operation by Cedar Point and prior to said purchase, Valleyfair was independent.

• Like 1

I would have sooner, but spent the past two days with the gf...Even got her to race 40mph go karts :) fun times hehe. Anyways...CP is CP, let KI be KI..

Only things that I feel should be the same are season passes, policies/procedures, and the same FUN atmosphere..Everything else, keep them separate. The day Cincinnati Chili hits CP or fried cheese on a stick hits KI...done..Each park has their own perks, and each has a way thrills connect

I would hope we would be using KI's policy/procedures.

...except that I would prefer CP's water ride dress code. :)

I mentioned earlier that each park should have its own identity. I just wish that the ads for each park would reflect this, ie stop showing rides from other parks.

Or at very least, choose rides for ads such that a ride of similar make and model is actually in the park being advertised. I recall seeing a Haunt ad involving a B&M Invert for KI either last year or two years ago.

• Like 1

I have a theory, based off of what happened in 1998 and in 2000. I believe in 2019 we will be getting an introductory thrill ride, one of a kind in the world somewhere in the park. 2019 will welcome into the park a new area perhaps, x base maybe? Or expand beyond in the area between The Bat and Banshee and remove the SOB station. I rather like the idea of x base better. Then in 2022 Kings Island will introduce a world record breaking, never before attempted coaster celebrating Kings Island 50th Anniversary. This coaster, perhaps will conclude the transformation that Cedar Fair has been working on since 2007. I believe for now Banshee and Action Zone will introduce what is on the way in the progress of Kings Island and the Omiet era. O I am very excited, a new Chef? Kings Island is about to be the next destination spot, but we'll see I suppose.

I've been visiting both each year since before I could walk. I get the "homey" feeling at both parks. It's like I have separated parents or something.

I go to each park for different reasons. I mainly visit Kings Island when I want to relax or because CoasterFanatic2012 lives in Troy so he is on the way.

I go to Cedar Point for excitement and energy. I rarely take naps at Cedar Point, but it's not a Kings Island trip unless I take a solid snooze on the train.

They are and will remain completely different parks.

• Like 5

No again..alot of KI's policies for rides are just..wow. The time they waste doing certain things just astounds me. Take Beast for instance, auto queue gates or even just opening them on station stop would knock a couple seconds off of loading time, easily. Leaving them closed, eh, it adds slight time. There are times station is clear of guests but the op in controls isn't paying attention to the station and doesn't open the gates.

Also the lift hills, if you actually have to evac, it's not going to be fun for most people at all shoes or no shoes. I don't think anyone is going to think, oh man I would have been ok with removing my restraint high up and climbing down the lift hill if I had a pair of Sketchers..no. You'll have people flipping out no matter what. An evac is the last ditch scenario though, we will attempt to restart the ride safely any way we can before trying that.

• Like 2

Hold the beach, resort, and whole "destination park" thing. The only way I want Kings Island to imitate Cedar Point would be by getting a blitz-like coaster someday, and it doesn't necessarily even need to be designed by INTAMIN either...

EDIT: Oh yeah, and getting a couple of more flat rides at KI sure couldn't hurt. :)

Like I have said for over a year now, I honestly believe the next flat will go inside that big box thingy over in Rivertown. Mark my words.

They would flip out a lot more if they were barefoot. Especially on the rickety beast stairs. A.k.a. Splinters.

Please capitalize The Beast, a registered trademark ride at Kings Island.

A little late for the party, but....

Please capitalize the word "the" in The Beast, a registered trademark of Cedar Fair, L.P.

;-)

• Like 1

I was worried that King's Island would start looking like a parking lot full of roller coasters, but I'm glad they've been tasteful and considerate with their additions so far. I love Cedar Point. It's a very straightforward coaster park. Minimal theming, functional infrastructure. I would never call the place pretty, though. King's Island has always had great rides, but it's also a place you can take a satisfying walk through. I'd hate for that to be lost for the sake of more coasters.

• Like 5