Kings Island The Next Cedar Point

Adventuro

I can agree with what a lot of you are saying. I do love both parks myself. They are both worth my time each year and its why I started getting a Platinum pass instead of just a Gold pass. But although I currently reside in Indy, Kings Island is where it truly all began for me and each visit is special for me. I love Cedar Point for different reasons. I go every year and spend a few days there just to take it all in for the year and also to enjoy the lake and local charm, but Kings Island is like going "home". It feels like I am back with old friends and a familiar warmth that I can't quite articulate because it is so deeply imbedded in my heart it can only be felt. I've been to other parks and they might be great in theming, rides, shows, service, etc...but none of them ever give me that feeling of being home quite like Kings Island does. Cedar Point is still special to me in its own way and I get a totally different liberated feeling there...and just from MY personal experience...the kind of random people I have encountered there have actually been a heck of a lot friendlier. I'm not sure why, but I wasn't alone in noticing this. From my memory, I have encountered far more rude folk at Kings Island sadly, but that doesn't deter the feelings I have for the park at all. I'd have to say at both parks I have encountered friendly staff and have befriended some at both parks and that makes it even more special to visit both each year.

Overall, neither park will ever be able to fully emulate each other because both parks contain different geographical differences and other various differences that we are all aware of, but most of all, its the feelings and memories we have at each park that will truly never make one park like the other. They are special in their own ways for different reasons and I would never want Kings Island to become Cedar Point or vice versa.

• Like 5