Only SOME of the surprise?

PKICoasterFreek

I am so excited, the 2004 season is almost here! The more i read about the top the more i want the season to start, and i know Aaron and the staff put up a few articles recently, which are really cool to read. But I was reading and i read at the bottom of the seation about the article on the main page it says something similar to this, "This has to be the surprise, or at least part of it". So i began to think, about what, i think most of us are hoping for, a coaster of course, but i was wondering more is about when and what they are going to say next. I hope and think things around PKI could start to take off in a couple of weeks,things are booming right now at PKI, no doub on that one, but if there is in fact a coaster or new park attraction coming, i think things are gonna be wild!!! laugh.gif

CoasterFreek

I hope something is said soon, if anything.......my nerves can't take much more!!! biggrin.gifrolleyes.gif

Thats right jeff did say no more attractions for 2004, but if you read in the cincy paper after he quoted what all was is store for 2004, it did mention theres more attractions going to be annoucned. So I dont think we got our march annoucement all the way yet. I might be wrong but according to the news paper theres more. Well im not getting my hopes up for a new coaster for 05. Cuz thats what was going around last year for 04 every coaster site around saying new coaster in coney mall, well that didnt happen so untill i see or hear it offically im not getting excited, I ve got let down last year. Though I think Kings Island should step it up a notch for us coaster fans. Why not be a all round park things for the kiddies, for the familys and for us thrill seekers. Yeah I know some of you are going to say they have thrill rides and yes they do but after riding all of them 100 plus times and knowing every inch of there coasters well something new wouldnt hurt. You know its not all familys that attend that park. I mean im not knocking the park or anything just I visited cedarpoint for the first time last year and this is sad to say but I now consider it my fav park, They have everything from kiddy rides, shows, animals,good food and yes thrill rides. And they have better deals for admission. 2 day pass for 60 some bucks cant beat that. Yes it takes that many days to get on everything but hey sure is worth the price. Well Kings Island is my home park and i do attend but only once a year, I used to buy a season pass but havent since sonny first opened. If pki decides to build a nice coaster someday then maybe ill purchase another season pass. Thank you for hearing my opinions.

coasterfans

I know for a fact that you could never build a rollercoaster in close to a month, there is no chance, be see what i am talking about it that i think sometime later in the month they are goingto announce a coaster we are goingto recieve for the 2005 season. So i hope it is coming soon!!! The message I biggrin.gif mean

well duh the coaster weon't be for 2004! that's a no-brainer.. we're tlaking about the possibility for one in '05 which i still think is a very good possibility. they might wait until the season starts atleast for the announcment of the coaster (if we're getting one which i'm pretty sure we are)

I like my approach:

1) Get a chair.

2) Get some duct tape.

3) Strap yourself in so you can't escape.

4) Wait until the "BIG MARCH ANNOUNCEMENT" or for the park to open before you let yourself lose.

It's what I'm going to do. As much as I want an announcement about a new coaster for 2005, I'm going to just see what the park tells us is on the lineup.

IF there is a March annocement, I dont think it will have anything to do with a 2005 attraction. If they are going to advertise anything in March it will be Boomerang Bay for its May opening. If PKI does build a coaster for 2005, I would look for a annocement around June or July.

The return of Winterfest has been rumored, especially since they did a survey on it possibly returning last year. However, I highly doubt they would announce Winterfest in March. The survey also said that they could bring it back for 2004, 2005 or not at all. Additionally, the park has not publicly admitted to a renovation of Coney Mall for 2004. However, as Jeff pointed out. With all renovations in the past couple of years, the themed area that was renovated recieved a major new ride. That being said, Coney is beginning a renovation this year with Scrambler, Monster and Zephyr being refurbished. The last ride to be added into Coney Mall was Flight of Fear in 1996 (excluding the changing movies in the Paramount Action FX Theater). Combining those two thought, I would assume that the addition in 2005 will be in Coney Mall. However, it may or may not be a roller coaster.

I'm not sure. Everyone always said te BIG March anouncement. Is this BIG enough? I think so. I mean they are spending A LOT of money this year on BB and Paramount Theatre and other renovations in the park. Will they have enough money next year to build a big coaster or something big? unsure.gif

I'm pretty sure that Jeff said that there simply would be a March announcement and it was the ethusiasts' overzealous posts that turned it into a BIG BIG BIG March annoucement that will be the end of PKI as you know it... Jeeze people, isn't gutting, redoing, and rethemeing the entire waterpark good enough for you people?? biggrin.gif

In the article in the Cincinnati Enquirer, Jeff Siebert said there would be more announcements in the month of march... that how everyone knows there's more. It's not because of "overzealous" blah blah... it's because we are going by what information PKI is releasing to the press.

It's fact. Not overzealousness.

There will be more announcements... Jeff said it... and it's so. Period.