The Beast Recreation (Help Thread)

CoasterOhio

A quote from the above link to make it easier for others:

Q: The angle of the ascent on Diamondback’s lift hill looks very steep. Is this angle greater than most coasters?

Thanks,

Mike E.

A: The angle of the 230-foot lift hill is 40 degrees. By comparison, Son of Beast is 36 degrees and The Beast is 20 degrees.

• Like 2

Now you have the original commercial running through my head, the one where a deep voiced man gave the statistics over the visuals.

This one?

Edit: The announcers clearly says "3 tunnels". I remember it being announced as having 4 tunnels, and that was before the second and third tunnel were enclosed. The entire helix was also supposed to be covered with a tunnel.

• Like 2

Google Earth shows a ground elevation drop of somewhere around 60 feet from the top of the second lift down into the helix.

I found it showing 743 feet down to 683 feet, while the first lift hill has a steady elevation (between 740 and 750) from top to bottom. If the first hill drops 136 feet, and the second drop is 141, then I don't think the second lift would be taller.

• 4 weeks later...

There are probably more than you think. Its a rarity on wood coasters though. The only woodies with multiple lifts I know of are Beast and Twister at Knoebels.

There are plenty of steel coasters that have multiple lifts, including a lot of Arrow and Vekoma mine train style coasters, Iron Dragon, Ninja, Loch Ness Monster, Dragon at Ocean Park in Hong Kong, Ultimate @ Lightwater Valley, Mystery Mine, Smiler, and more.

• Like 1