Kings Island Banshee Event

coasterboysfne

There is always a fee for the events, which varies as to whether or not you have a season pass to said park/park chain. The fee covers the cost of meals, the tours, the extra labor fees to keep ride ops and management on site during ERT, and so on.

• Like 3

The best tour ever I've had at KI was of the sign shop on one of the orig KIC days--very cool how they create everything for the park. The place is also a museum of former attraction signs which line the walls. If it's ever offered, I'd highly recommend it!

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Tentative Itinerary!
- 9:00am Banshee ERT
- 9:30am Carousel & Scrambler ERT
- Behind the scenes tour of Banshee
- Lunch from 2:30 - 4:30
- Afternoon Behind the scenes Beast Tour
- Priority seating at a select show TBD
- VIP seating for fireworks
- Last rides of the evening on Banshee

Mmmmm Lunch from 2:30-4:30PM
-Bratwurst
-Pulled Pork BBQ sandwiches
-Roasted chicken
-Rolls & Butter
-Corn on the cob
-House Salad
-Fudge Brownies
-Fountain Drinks

More to come! Stay tuned!

• Like 6

I got an email last night with the list of times for the events. As I recall, Banshee ERT was 9 AM followed by a Banshee behind the esnces tour, Carosuel/Scrambler ERT at 9:30, lunch at 2:45, VIP seating to a TBD show (prob Cirque) and an afternoon Beast tour. Then final rides of the night on Banshee. Looks like a great event!

Yeah, I was strongly considering this event as an early birthday gift to myself (my birthday is the next week), thinking "maybe the show will be Cirque Imagine, that'd be excellent!" Then I finally put two and two together and realized the event is a Monday and that seems to be Cirque's day off :/

I'm still considering it, but if the show was Cirque Imagine, shut up and take my money! :)

It would be my first-ever theme park "event" and I'd be going alone, so I'm still trying to decide if it is something I'd enjoy or not. Behind the scenes of Beast, and the description of that meal are awfully tempting... I need to make up my mind soon!

• Like 2

It would be my first-ever theme park "event" and I'd be going alone, so I'm still trying to decide if it is something I'd enjoy or not.

Everyone has a lanyard, so it's easy to get together with other attendees if you want to. There should be a number of frequent KIC posters in attendance.

• Like 6

I already paid for this several days back before this was brought to my attention. Glad I'm finding out now and not when I get out there for the event.

I'm signed up for the GOCC event that same week, of which I'm a card carrying member.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk.

More correctly, a /member/ of KIC was, it was hardly a KIC sanctioned thing, there wasn't exactly a thread on "how to cheat the charity."

Thanks for being informative, as always, DonKIPR.

Guess it makes up my mind on whether to go to this, or probably any other behind the scenes event. I was looking at it as a possible stepping stone to joining some sort of coaster club if I liked it, but for now I'll just keep my money.

Got it. It's no good someone would do that.

Back on topic. If they weren't going to allow forum members the park should have made that a rule from the beginning it sucks for the people that planned and now won't be able to join. I would have gone had that not been the first day back from vacation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk