Kings Island Banshee Event

coasterboysfne

So here's my series of logic for all KICers..been getting asked if we are or we aren't quite a bit today.

1. As of the event starting and around 01MAY14, CC and KIC were both allowed to attend as long as admission was paid to the park and the member registered for the event and paid dues for it through CC

2. As of yesterday 11JUN14 when Tim Hollerman or whatever his last name is (sorry bud) spoke to the park, this wasn't brought up/an issue regarding the event

3. Don states today 12JUN14 only CC members allowed, must be card carrying member

So something caused the park to renege for some reason and I don't see Don posting the wrong thing on here, he's a PR manager, he usually plans things out. I mean it is kind of his job

So I'll come out and ask the park, what made you change your mind in one day for this event? Lets be fair and honest with eachother. If we're your #1 fans as you have stated several times, why leave us out of an event with our coaster club partner?

• Like 2

I went ahead and signed up for Coaster Crew. I'm a member of GOCC (which is $15 if you sign up for the electronic newsletter instead of the printed)

It was only $10, really not that bad of a deal and you get the best bang for your buck. I already paid $26 to attend, what's another $10?

When my renewal comes due for GOCC, I may stay just with Coaster Crew.

• Like 3

Nothing changed. The event was planned by the park for members of Coaster Crew.

To allow non-members on this site to participate, there would need to be something in place where you had to be registered with an account on KIC by a certain date so it doesn't become a situation where people are joining the site just to do this event as was the case for Banshee media day.

If the site and Coaster Crew want to establish a date such as you had to have an active account on KIC by April 1, 2014, then it keeps it for those the event was intended for.

• Like 11

Glad you came on tonight to rectify the situation from your end. I appreciate it, and I fully understand your reasoning and the nature of the request. My only question is how does this work for things like the GOCC/TPR deal as others are looking into that as well? No set dates were put in place for them. Might as well cover all points while we're talking about it so some users here don't scramble last minute like this one.

Hopefully CC's admins will work something out with you and your team to get a date set up so that users here may benefit from this event with our coaster club partners.

Again thank you for coming on to shed some light on it with a bit more detail, always appreciated.

• Like 3

This event will be open to ALL Current Coaster Crew members & Any KIC forum members that have/had created a username & have been active as of April 1st.

We encourage all of you to support The Coaster Crew and all the content we provide including Events, Videos, and Podcasts.

You can do this by purchasing a membership! at only $10.00 per year it is an amazing value.

If you choose to attend the event to "take us for a test ride" we do ask that you include your forum name in the "member number" field on the registration page.

Only 10 more days to register!!!!!

Thank you for your support!!!

See you on the midway!

-Tim

• Like 7

The registration deadline is this Monday, and it won't be extended.

Don't forget: you're eligible to buy a ticket if you are a member of Coaster Crew (or another recognized coaster club) or if you were an active member of KICentral by April 1, 2014. (Or both.)

In the "member number" box, put your Coaster Crew member number (if you are a member of that club) or identify your other affiliation (eg. KIC and KIC username).

• Like 1

^ Just do it before the deadline!

With every event, there are people who miss out because they are too late to sign up. Deadlines generally can't be extended, as a headcount is needed well in advance (meal guarantees, badges, etc).

• Like 1

It's not likely we will be at the park that day as we initially planned. Other surprise birthday celebration plans are in the works. So excited and she does not have a clue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Lately I've felt old..almost a quarter of a century old, and then working in the ER, you see alot of mortality issues here and there, and prepare for them. Biggest contributor I feel is unboxing one of the last boxes from home my parents brought down for me .Old burned discs with files, OS's, games (with requirements in the mghz range, etc.

• Like 2

So if I'm a KIC forum member that isn't with Coaster Crew, I could register and go still? I just found this and it looks great, but I want to make sure I can go. I have a Gold Pass so I don't need park admission, just the fee, correct?

^ You are a KIC forum member who registered and posted prior to April 1 of this year. Thus, you're eligible to register for this event.

Put "KIC" and your forum name (eg. "KIC 2012Jarrett") into the member number box when you register.

You have a season pass, so you only need to pay the event fee. You don't need to pay the extra $33 to add park admission.