Kings Island Banshee Event

coasterboysfne

To participate in the event you have to have park admission ($31.50 for Coaster Crew members of Season Pass) and the picnic meal ticket ($15.99). If you don't have park admission and the meal ticket, you are not eligible to participate in this event.

Everyone planning to participate will need to have ordered the picnic meal when registering for the event.

Ah, ok. I think I get it now. Not that I think anyone assumed they could just glom on to the event activities without registering. I guess clarity is king.

Some people try.

......and some people are.

Well, considering our registration for the event was $26, not $15.99, that only makes things less clear. I'm just going to assume the $15.99 is part of the $26 and that I'll get my picnic meal ticket at check in for the event on July 7th in the morning, until told otherwise.

If it's not, I think a lot of people are going to be quite upset that day. There has been no opportunity to buy a picnic ticket to "present their picnic meal ticket at check in" as you say we need to do.

I'm also going to assume "or season pass" because otherwise that sentence makes no sense.

• Like 4

Well, considering our registration for the event was $26, not $15.99, that only makes things less clear. I'm just going to assume the $15.99 is part of the $26 and that I'll get my picnic meal ticket at check in for the event on July 7th in the morning, until told otherwise.

If it's not, I think a lot of people are going to be quite upset that day. There has been no opportunity to buy a picnic ticket to "present their picnic meal ticket at check in" as you say we need to do.

I'm also going to assume "or season pass" because otherwise that sentence makes no sense.

We don't know where you are getting $26 from. The only two pricing options were $31.50 for admission for those that do not have a season pass, plus $15.99 for the picnic meal. We are getting the list from Tim at Coaster Crew of those who purchased the picnic ticket when registering to distribute a lanyard and picnic ticket at check in. Only those on the registration list who ordered the picnic ERT package will be eligible to participate in the event.

We don't know where you are getting $26 from. The only two pricing options were $31.50 for admission for those that do not have a season pass, plus $15.99 for the picnic meal.

$26 was the fee listed on the registration page at Coaster Crew's website, which registrants were instructed to pay after signing up. This was to include the meal ticket and the event badge, but not park admission (which was an add-on option for those without a season pass).

Tim should have the list of those whose purchases included each type of ticket.

• Like 2

Hello everyone,

Our club, like all other clubs charges a rate above the parks cost to cover things such as Paypal fees, Event Badge production, & overhead costs such as website fees. We do not make a profit and any revenue left is put back into the event in other capacities. Sorry for the confusion guys!

Here is a simple way to put it.

If you did not register ($26.00) for this event on the Coaster Crew Website you will NOT gain access to the event lunch or any other perks provided in this event.

Registration is now closed.

• Like 2

I didn't ever think it was overpriced, I just was trying to nail down what the heck Don was talking about, because it didn't jibe with anything that had been said before. Now that I know that apparently all but $10 of the registration cost is going to pay KI for the lunch alone, it is an even better deal than I thought. I'm quite impressed with the Coaster Crew organizers of this event :)

That $6 processing fee is just silly. At least if you're going to be buying several tickets or passes, it's only $6 per order. That's the nicest thing I can say about it.

• Like 1

I'll be attending on Monday! Being at KI on Monday is getting me out of work that day, so it's a win-win for me. Sadly, Diamondbacker missed the deadline to register due to his mission trip. So I'll be showing up solo on Monday, but I'm looking forward to meeting up with my fellow KICers.

• Like 3

Why haven't I received anything in the mail yet?? Do we pick up what we ordered at a possible registration table at the park? Ik my guest that I'm bringing along doesn't have a gold pass and she ordered a one day admission through the website. What do you guys think