Banshee wait line on opening day

cjt121099

OK, so my wife and I were already planning on taking that day off, but leaving the kids at the sitters, basically bumming out, catching a movie, etc...

Then I saw that KI was opening up that day, so I have the same question.

Weather permitting, we're planning on heading down first thing, someone posted that it was going to be open for ERT for gold pass holders, so we thought about taking advantage of that. However, neither one of us has a huge interest in sitting in a 3-4 hour line.

The park opens at 12:00, I read ERT was at 11:30, though I don't know if that was official or just somebody on here making a guess, I haven't seen anything official regarding ERT on Banshee that day. If we got to the park around 11:00, and waited for the rope drop for gold pass holders, how long do you think the line would be? I don't need to be on the 1st train, and we're not going to run back to the ride to get on 1st thing.

Did Diamondback open up on a Friday? While it is Good Friday, not all companies observe that holiday and make it a day off (I'm personally taking vacation, but I was doing that anyways). On top of that, with it being Easter weekend, there will be a number of people that will have family commitments on that weekend, so even if they have a vacation day, they may be hitting the road for a trip to grandma's house. I suppose no one knows exactly what that day will look like; if we have to get to the park at 10:00, just to avoid having a 2 hour wait, then I'll probably just skip the day, or weather permitting, get there at lunch time and enjoy the short wait times on Diamondback and The Beast.

As an added note, according to accuweather, the average daily temperatures for April 18th are a high of 66 and a low of 44. If that day hits right on average w/ a decent amount of sunshine, it would be a glorius weather day.

However, it is Good Friday, and it seems like it rains significantly on Good Friday about 75% of the time.

• Like 3

OK, so my wife and I were already planning on taking that day off, but leaving the kids at the sitters, basically bumming out, catching a movie, etc...

Weather permitting, we're planning on heading down first thing, someone posted that it was going to be open for ERT for gold pass holders, so we thought about taking advantage of that. However, neither one of us has a huge interest in sitting in a 3-4 hour line.

The park opens at 12:00, I read ERT was at 11:30, though I don't know if that was official or just somebody on here making a guess, I haven't seen anything official regarding ERT on Banshee that day. If we got to the park around 11:00, and waited for the rope drop for gold pass holders, how long do you think the line would be? I don't need to be on the 1st train, and we're not going to run back to the ride to get on 1st thing.

Did Diamondback open up on a Friday? While it is Good Friday, not all companies observe that holiday and make it a day off (I'm personally taking vacation, but I was doing that anyways). On top of that, with it being Easter weekend, there will be a number of people that will have family commitments on that weekend, so even if they have a vacation day, they may be hitting the road for a trip to grandma's house. I suppose no one knows exactly what that day will look like; if we have to get to the park at 10:00, just to avoid having a 2 hour wait, then I'll probably just skip the day, or weather permitting, get there at lunch time and enjoy the short wait times on Diamondback and The Beast.

The KI website is official that ERT is 11:30 :)

• Like 1

I say we send someone in and have them put up signs with arrows point towards Planet Snoopy "Banshee line starts here!" Everyone will head to Planet Snoopy, we get right on Banshee on opening day!

I say this as a joke, not as anything serious, just in case you are wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

I think on the actual Opening Day it will be around 2 hours or so because of it being a Friday. I feel as if they should come up with some kind of system at the front gate that will determine an order by the time you get to the park. Maybe thats too involved, but then again, maybe it will help ease the line in.

• Like 1

Fast Lane Plus?

Not this kind of system. I am thinking a number system of sorts. Something to give those who get to the park early a chance to be some of the first by proxy of being at the park first. I feel that having a running of the bulls could cause issues. Fast Lane Plus should get special treatment as well, maybe having 2 cars per train for those people and the rest for regular patrons.

^ Those who get to the park early will be closer to the front of the crowd, theoretically allowing them to ride Banshee sooner than those who arrive late (without Fast Lane Plus).

The "running of the bulls" could be fixed by placing a few security associates at key positions, reminding everyone to walk. Once a few people get away with running, many others join in to keep up.

• Like 2

Amusement parks, especially ones we've visited throughout our lives, bring out a certain reversion to a state of mind first experienced during youth, that kind of manifests itself even into our early adult years. It's a sort of "check your maturity at the door" phenomenon that drives us to want to "pick up where we left off" each season... thus, you might see folks -- whom you might otherwise expect to show more restraint -- running a little bit. Then, in a flash of momentary couth, you'll see them laughingly "hit the ol' brakes." It's a fun observation of human nature, at least from the perspective of one who has made an impulsive, Beast-ward dash every once in a while, even in his late 30's & early 40's, only to realize that setting a better example is a much more gratifying (and less embarrassing) option.

• Like 4

Fast Lane Plus?

Not this kind of system. I am thinking a number system of sorts. Something to give those who get to the park early a chance to be some of the first by proxy of being at the park first. I feel that having a running of the bulls could cause issues. Fast Lane Plus should get special treatment as well, maybe having 2 cars per train for those people and the rest for regular patrons.
So what you're saying is KI should be more like DMV?
  • Like 1

The KI website is official that ERT is 11:30 :)

Thanks, avoiding 1 word posts.

It's like a mob running away from a natural disaster in a movie like Independence Day or The Day After Tomorrow. Just pure chaos and you cannot control the madness with a couple of guards. They are going to try to make sure no one is going to get hurt. Just check your bags in the car carry nothing and run like hell to the turnstile. Embrace the madness of Banshee!

Sent from my iPhone using Taptalk

One thing they might consider is roping the path off all the way from the gates to the queue for Banshee. It would frustrate a few people if some where walking slow, but it could eliminate a Black Friday like stampede. Technically speaking even if people are walking slower, unless they are in the first 100-200 people in line, you aren't riding any earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Falls on midways are the leading cause of injuries in amusement parks. Paramount's Kings Dominion did NOT tolerate ANY running to Volcano: The Blast Coaster in its early years. Two guards led an orderly procession to the ride each morning. Anyone who got ahead of them was ejected from the park without handstamp or refund. Problem solved.

• Like 10