Banshee wait line on opening day

cjt121099

How long will the line be this year for the opening of Banshee because we all know how long Diamondback was

Most I waited for Diamondback on opening day in 2009 was an hour and 45 minutes. I rode it 5 times.

There is NO way that like was ever 3 hours long. They over estimated it and is what they told people when they asked.

• Like 1

I honestly think the longest it will be is probably an hour and a half at the most on Friday. Now on Saturday, that's a whole different story. I would say about three to four at the most. I've never been to an Opening Day but after seeing how Opening Day was when Diamondback opened, I would expect the same thing both days, just less people on Friday. And considering that Friday is a holiday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long will the line be this year for the opening of Banshee because we all know how long Diamondback was

Most I waited for Diamondback on opening day in 2009 was an hour and 45 minutes. I rode it 5 times.

There is NO way that like was ever 3 hours long. They over estimated it and is what they told people when they asked.

Impressive considering the line was almost to Icee Mixitup at about 10:45 that morning!

TbDbAdventure.jpg

maps.google.com

• Like 1

Falls on midways are the leading cause of injuries in amusement parks. Paramount's Kings Dominion did NOT tolerate ANY running to Volcano: The Blast Coaster in its early years. Two guards led an orderly procession to the ride each morning. Anyone who got ahead of them was ejected from the park without handstamp or refund. Problem solved.

And the second someone falls or gets hurt in a stampde they are going to be filing a lawsuit.

• Like 2

Impressive considering the line was almost to Icee Mixitup at about 10:45 that morning!

TbDbAdventure.jpg

maps.google.com

I got in line between the tower and the theater just about where it turns to head toward Back Lot, and it was 1 hour and 45 minutes, and that was the longest I waited. We also had 2 switchbacks prior to entering the main queue.

I would say, the maximum wait was 2.5 hours on Diamondback opening day. The was not any downtime that I know of, and it went rather quickly. I would say riding it 5 times on opening day is pretty good. We had our 5th ride about 4:30

People exaggerate a LOT. "I've been waiting in the drive thru for 20 minutes!" "I've been waiting in line for 3 days for this one ride." etc.

• Like 2

Fast Lane Plus?

Not this kind of system. I am thinking a number system of sorts. Something to give those who get to the park early a chance to be some of the first by proxy of being at the park first. I feel that having a running of the bulls could cause issues. Fast Lane Plus should get special treatment as well, maybe having 2 cars per train for those people and the rest for regular patrons.
So what you're saying is KI should be more like DMV?

Not at all. Like it has been in other posts, more orderly might be inconvenient to some, but it's a safety factor to stop those from possibly getting injured. Maybe those chances are small, but it can happen, and that would put a huge damper on the day for some.

That'd definitely be an okay thing to do, walk everyone back with a wall of security, slowly opening up the path to Banshee.
And I also assume they'd need to enforce people not duck underneath the queue gates.

No one is familiar with the layout with it, and accidental cutting could happen if people are just trying to save distance walked. (for the initial first 300 ish people.)

On a side note, I think it would be quite a sight to be an operator or ride attendant during opening morning. Just seeing a huge mass of people power walking or running all to one location,

How long do you imagine the Fast Lane Pass line being opening weekend?

Still one hour is my guess.

My guess is the wait for Fast Lane will be under an hour. I think they'll really try to keep that line down. This would be the perfect time to showcase the benefit of having Fast Lane and would probably get a few more people to consider buying it the next time they visit.

I'm really curious as to what the cost will be though. $100?

I would like it to be more like $75.

Now thinking about it, yeah I would expect the FLP line to be under an hour.

Well since Banshee will have great capacity and it will have lockers, it will take some time off having to wait for people to put their loose articles in the bin. Also may I add if you go on Friday that should cut all the lines in half.. So I imagine a line for Banshee to be about 1-2 and a half hours at the most.